2005 WR450 -- Ride Report (How does it compare to the 2004)

3 replies to this topic
  • MO_XR400

Posted November 09, 2004 - 09:34 AM

Looking at upgrading from my XR400. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2004 or 2005 WR450.

Is there anyone out there that has seat time in both the 2004 & 2005 WR450? I'd really like to see if the bike lost it top heavy feel after they lowered it (plus everything else...fork, engine mods, slimmer, etc.)?

Any and all input comparing the two would be appreciated. :cry:

• BigE

Posted November 09, 2004 - 08:54 PM

I know that some wr junky can answer this question for mo_xr400. I'm a tall rider so I would like to know how much lower does the bike feel? Is it cramped?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas4play

Posted November 09, 2004 - 09:06 PM

All I can tell you is my buddy rides the XR400, he's about 6'0'' or so, rode my 05' wr450 and loved it. I'm 5'10'' and have time on both the 04/05. Bought the '05. The 05 just felt soo much better to me. And I could have bought an 04 for quite a bit less. I've also ridden the XR400 and no offense, felt quite truckish down the trail. The WR definitely has more performance/ suspension/ handling (not to forget e-start) and would be a great upgrade to either year model. Hope this helps.

• bottomfeeder2

Posted November 10, 2004 - 07:18 AM

I know that some wr junky can answer this question for mo_xr400. I'm a tall rider so I would like to know how much lower does the bike feel? Is it cramped?

I'm 6'. It doesn't feel like a clown bike to me (not too small). But I imagine with a name like BigE, you might have a few inches on me.

I'm used to riding my father-in-law's Honda old ('85?) CR480. It's a very tall bike (with the kick start on the left side). Switching to the '05 WR450 was a natural transition.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.