Can a carb slide where out? 01 carb. Cross post.

3 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted November 09, 2004 - 09:01 AM

I was cleaning my Carb last night and I noticed that the slide seems to stick a bit. I noticed nothing wrong before I started cleaning. I just thought it was a good idea since my whole filter cage rattled off in a race over the weekend. The wheels next to the slide on one side do not spin against the wall. Any thoughts? Do they sell replacement slides?

• John_Lorenz

Posted November 09, 2004 - 09:36 AM

Mechanically anything that moves can wear out.

The rollers can be removed, I would inspect the pins that hold them, make sure they are clean from any oxidation or ?

a little 1000 grit wet sand paper can clean any of the oxidation off.

Look closely also at the rails the rollers slide down. Another note just make sure your not putting the slide (Cover) upside down.

One other comments. the Cam that holds the slide stuffs into a slot for the TPS on the other side, if you do not get that in correctly this can cause the slide to seem like it is sticking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sjwr450

Posted November 09, 2004 - 10:46 AM

It did not seem to happen until I opened all the way. Maybe I jacked it up.

• John_Lorenz

Posted November 09, 2004 - 10:58 AM

I had the same issue on my 2000, it came down to simply just taking the carb apart and going over it very closly and looking at everything. I had to wet sand the pins as well as dab some white grease in the needle bearings for the Slide Cam.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.