What bend Pro Tapers for 6'2"?

15 replies to this topic
  • big t

Posted November 09, 2004 - 07:34 AM

What bend are the taller guys running? Is there plenty of slack in the cables for any height bars? I'm definitely getting Pro Tapers and universal mounts. I think I have CR HI on my 650 and could use a tad more height.

• motocrosschump

Posted November 09, 2004 - 08:16 AM

Jimmy Button

• brown77

Posted November 09, 2004 - 08:25 AM

• Satch0922

Posted November 09, 2004 - 08:31 AM

I like the Windham bend myself (6'1")

• briter

Posted November 09, 2004 - 06:22 PM

I might be wrong, but I thought the CR Hi and the Jimmy Button were the same bend? :cry:

• OHVrider

Posted November 09, 2004 - 07:05 PM

I have KX High (less sweep and taller) on my YZ450 and both my KX and KTM have CR 2X hi's from tag cause Pro Taper does not make that bend any more.

The KX High's seemed odd at first, but after an hour they were fine. They move you forward alot over stock.

Oh, I am 6'2" as well.

• OHVrider

Posted November 09, 2004 - 07:07 PM

You can get taller raisers as well. I have those on my KX as well so the bars are really tall. The tallest bar Pro Taper makes is the Pastrana FMX bend, I think its 122mm, my KX highs are 108, and CR 2X Hi's are 112 or 115, I forget as its been a while. I think CR hi's are 95.

Good luck,

• cowboyona426

Posted November 09, 2004 - 08:47 PM

I'm 6'2" and I went with the Doug Henry bend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • big t

Posted November 09, 2004 - 09:09 PM

• John_Lorenz

Posted November 10, 2004 - 06:21 AM

I am 6.2 as well, I went with CR High Bends, did not like the other bends they simply did not feel right. I can now freely stand in any position and feel comfortable.

Have you also done the peg mod?
this will lower the pegs down and back. For tall riders like us it really makes the bike feel less cramped

• slappie

Posted November 10, 2004 - 08:23 AM

Can you detail the peg mod or point me in the right direction?

• John_Lorenz

Posted November 10, 2004 - 08:30 AM

Can you detail the peg mod or point me in the right direction?

Very Simple

1: Remove pegs
2: Swap Springs right to left, left top right dont matter just swap, you will see why as the pegs are placed back together.
3: Hack Saw Dowel off of each peg
4: Place peg back on With Down In front of Peg (Weld If you have a welder no need really)

Important, Debur all edges of the mod thoroughly and Grease
Peg as it is stock, you can see where I cut it
Posted Image

Modified Peg with Dowel now on the Top Side.
Posted Image

• spyder61

Posted November 10, 2004 - 02:52 PM

"Big Boys Gots Big Feet, too!" I run wide pegs and it makes a huge difference for me, I use Fastways and they come with a lowered peg option, no mods necessary. I rec. the ones with removable screws, I think its the F2, but not sure. Either way, if you're a big guy and don't have wide pegs, I'd give them a try. I also use oversized pro-taper windham bend, I am 6', 210 Lbs and had a 7/8" button bend renthal bar snap in two on me-not in a crash! Come to find out no pros use 7/8" bars, except mcgrath and he had some special made bar. Also, go with an SDG tall seat for your bike. Hope this helps. DW

• ThumperKid250F

Posted November 10, 2004 - 02:54 PM

Jimmy Button

:cry: :cry: :cry:

• BigDesto

Posted November 10, 2004 - 03:04 PM

6'3" Jimmy Button! :cry:

• big t

Posted November 10, 2004 - 09:47 PM

Went with CR HI and universal mounts. I think that will be all I need. Ordered a chain and air filter also. May do the mod to the pegs as well. Thanks. :cry:

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.