WR450 exhaust upgrade, know bike back fires even after jet change

4 replies to this topic
  • hawaiijoe

Posted November 08, 2004 - 10:56 PM

bike back fires when reving

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 09, 2004 - 04:10 AM

Increase your pilot jet to a 48 or 50 and get the JD jetting kit blue needle in the 5th clip position. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted November 09, 2004 - 07:02 AM

I've been kind of fighting this one as well. I've got a stock YZ exhaust can with a PMB cap. It actually seems to do better with a leaner needle which seems kind of backwards. All of my other 4xx's have been a piece of cake to jet but the 450 has been a bit of a mystery. Anyway I started out going down the richer path (needle & pilot) but that only made it worse. Right now I'm running a JD red #4 and a 48 pilot/100 paj which is pretty good but still pops on occasion. This is not your typical decel popping but more of a snap as soon as you back off the throttle.

• washinout

Posted November 09, 2004 - 07:16 AM

bike back fires when reving

What is your altitude... 0 to what? Hawaii I assume...

• WR450F_RDR

Posted November 09, 2004 - 03:02 PM

Also check for exhaust leaks, I know some of the slip-on dont seal well and cause bike to backfire.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.