Clutch Question on 2000 yz426

8 replies to this topic
  • TooFaarOut

Posted November 08, 2004 - 08:12 PM

Need info here on a 2000 yz426. When removing a clutch from this machine you pull off the pressure plate. What is next on this is there a ball bearing inside this plate that the clutch rod fits up against? or not? I bought this bike used and dont know if the piece was accidently left out or never existed to begin with.
Thanks in advance

• Matt96xr6

Posted November 08, 2004 - 11:28 PM

Never existed on the 2000 model.

YOu will want to do a search for the 2001 clutch update and get all the parts associated there. It will make the clutch feel more consistant and less grabby.

• Bryan47

Posted November 09, 2004 - 02:17 AM

Try this... 01' clutch mod link I am in the middle of assembling my engine and I have purchased all the 01' parts...simple to do. And he's right about the 2000 not having a ball. You'll notice a big difference (so I'm told). Good luck with it. :cry:

• 426F

Posted November 09, 2004 - 05:36 AM

Try this... 01' clutch mod link I am in the middle of assembling my engine and I have purchased all the 01' parts...simple to do. And he's right about the 2000 not having a ball. You'll notice a big difference (so I'm told). Good luck with it. :cry:

It makes a big difference. I would highly reccomend it as the next mod to do. After that you should do the 450 cam mod. I am still working on that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan47

Posted November 09, 2004 - 12:31 PM

Yep, I bought the 450 cam, 13.5:1 Weisco piston and other goodies...now I just need to find the time to put it back together :cry: :cry: (in the middle of moving)

• cowboyona426

Posted November 09, 2004 - 08:53 PM

Here's a complete write-up I did on the 01 clutch update- click here

• Bryan47

Posted November 10, 2004 - 01:01 AM

Cool, Yep, I remember that one, I ordered all the parts off your write up. Thanks! :cry: My clutch was working fine, but I went ahead and did the update anyway, since I had the engine apart. Then I ordered the 13.5:1 Weisco piston and 03' 450 exhaust cam and and and.... (Went a little overboard) Never too much goodies right!? :cry:

• cowboyona426

Posted November 10, 2004 - 08:43 PM

I've thought of doing the 13.5:1 piston as well, but I can't bring myself to tear down a perfectly good motor "just because". The 450 cam mod is the best money I've spent on the bike!!!

• Bryan47

Posted November 11, 2004 - 01:32 AM

I don't blame you on that one...I barely had this piston broke in when these gears went...so I figured what the hell, I have it apart....and ordered the kit from Parker yamaha, they were cheaper than here on TT ($139.00). I'm not sure if I'll even know the difference since I don't have much time on this bike (my first 4 stroke). But if it keeps pulling my arms out of my sockets, I'll let you know :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.