Jetting question

3 replies to this topic
  • 35racer

Posted November 08, 2004 - 12:51 PM

No one seems to know in the jetting section.. so thought I'd check here. What does it mean when you can turn your fuel screw fully in and the bike still runs?

Is that the needle clip too rich? Pilot too rich?

I am trying to adjust my fuel screw and you're supposed to start with it almost full in... where the bike is supposed to be almost stalling. Mine did not. :cry:

• WR450F_RDR

Posted November 08, 2004 - 03:24 PM

Well the questions I would have are:
what are your current jetting settings?, what size pilot are your currently running?
Check to make sure your throttle slide is closing completely or to the specified amount thus effecting the pilot cuircut by allowing more air in.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted November 08, 2004 - 03:50 PM

Mine runs completely shut also. I adjust mine to the best throttle response and to minimize backfiring. Rich pilot will do this but it helps with off idle wheelie power! :cry:

• 35racer

Posted November 09, 2004 - 06:31 AM

OK. I guess I won't sweat it too much. I guess if I'm happy with the power that a too rich condition can't hurt the bike. :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.