----MS2 V.S. 756RR--- FRONT

7 replies to this topic
  • brown77

Posted November 08, 2004 - 11:12 AM

I have a ms2 on the front of my 03yz450 and it feels like is wonders and pushes in the sandy and dry stuff ?
I know when it rains the tire shines but is the 756rr a better overall tire ? does it last as long ?
thanks alot :cry:

• Ga426owner

Posted November 08, 2004 - 11:52 AM

MS2 are great - Try M12 or S12.The 756RR will wear very quick

• rbm33

Posted November 08, 2004 - 03:03 PM

the michelin will last atleast twice as long as the dunlop. maybe longer

• chan708

Posted November 08, 2004 - 05:55 PM

I had the same problem on hard pack with the ms2 front when switching from the 756 (not RR). I lowered the air pressure by 2lbs (from 12 to 10)...no more problems with the front end wanting to wash out or push through corners on hard pack or sand. The MS2 rear is amazing. No complaints no matter what the conditions.

Good luck :cry:
chan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted November 08, 2004 - 06:39 PM

Honestly...it all depends on the type of terrain you ride on. I love the 756 but most if not all of the tracks we ride on are groomed and soft/intermediate. I know ALOT of people ride hard pack or worse...blue groove and if that is what you have to ride I would not suggest a 756. I ride almost every weekend and my 756 is over a year old. Time for new ones soon though but I think they stick best in soft/intermediate.

• chan708

Posted November 08, 2004 - 06:56 PM

I agree with Satch. The 756's are excellent tires especially on groomed tracks. I also feel they get a bad rap with issues of wear. The edge on rear wears fast but they still grip well for many rides.

They also seem to grip hard pack more consistantly as they wear also. :cry: I don't know why but as my tires rounded they hooked up on the hard pack and lost some grip in the soft stuff (naturally). I only swiched to MS2's for a change. Both are excellent tires!!

chan

• Satch0922

Posted November 08, 2004 - 07:03 PM

THE 756's AT WORK :cry: :cry: :cry:
Posted Image

• brown77

Posted November 09, 2004 - 08:28 AM

I had the same problem on hard pack with the ms2 front when switching from the 756 (not RR). I lowered the air pressure by 2lbs (from 12 to 10)...no more problems with the front end wanting to wash out or push through corners on hard pack or sand. The MS2 rear is amazing. No complaints no matter what the conditions.

Good luck :cry:
chan

I tried that and it still pushes ?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.