Here you are boys rally tanks and shoud for your 450

13 replies to this topic
  • Kenaroo

Posted November 08, 2004 - 10:28 AM

I was just looking around for rally stuff for the wr and ran across these guys. looks as though they will be selling the rally tanks and stuff real soon. Posted Image website

• ddialogue

Posted November 08, 2004 - 10:46 AM

I was just looking around for rally stuff for the wr and ran across these guys. looks as though they will be selling the rally tanks and stuff real soon. Posted Image website

That skidplate looks like it double's as a high-capacity oil reservoir. I WANT ONE OF THOSE!! :cry: :cry:

• Texas4play

Posted November 08, 2004 - 01:13 PM

Very nice info.........thanks for sharing your find.
That kit is fitted on a 2wd (notice the hydraulic lines to front wheel), sweet!

• The_Missile

Posted November 09, 2004 - 04:35 AM

This bike is a 2-trac and is prepared specifically for the Paris Dakar rally which starts around christmas time.

The skid plate is not an oil reservoir, according to rules you have to carry additional water on your bike in case you get stranded and this is what is in there. Not oil.

David Fretigne rode a 2 trac last year to a top 10(Maybe 12'th)overall finish, even winning at least one stage.

• ttr125smms120

Posted November 09, 2004 - 05:16 AM

that bike is sweeet! wonder how it'll do in the rally :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 09, 2004 - 11:33 PM

I like the set up! Is the kit for sale? I would not mind having an adventure tank set up that can hold 5 gallons of gas! :cry:

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted November 10, 2004 - 12:27 AM

bike looks big bulky and heavy, I couldnt ride one of those! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simch

Posted November 10, 2004 - 10:08 AM

If there was no gas top for 300 miles.....You could!! :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 10, 2004 - 11:06 AM

Most people that have not put in a 200 mile day of intermediate to easy FUN riding cant appreciate adventure touring. I would love to have a set up like this that I can put on once or twice a year and go get lost for 250 miles of back country riding. :cry:

• The_Missile

Posted November 11, 2004 - 04:54 AM

This bike is pretty much built for high speed desert crusing. Only.
If you want to back woods it then forget it. Thats not its job.
Its competition in prior years used to be the KTM 660's and 900's etc so this is
absolute featherweight compared to those biks.
As such didnt have the top speed of the bigger bikes but came into its
own on the more technical sections where the bigger bikes struggled somewhat,
hence the stage win last year.

I cant wait till this rally starts. TV coverage in Europe is good,
the French are fanatical about this race...they invented it after all.
Larry Roessler entered last year, cant remember how he finished but
he found it tough going....over 2 weeks racing with stages up in the 1000km
(625 miles) range some days and just a a couple of rest days.

Dakar 2005 Home Page

• Atlasrider

Posted November 11, 2004 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for the info on the race, wish the US networks would broadcast more of the euro rally's even if it was done like the Tour de France coverage. Don't think most people here understand how difficult and dangerous some of these races like the P.D. and some of the other big rallys truely are.

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 11, 2004 - 07:58 AM

Dakar is awesome. :cry: Last years coverage was great on TV! David Fretigne won the 450 class on the WR450 2WD! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Amazing!:lol:

I hope David is healed up from his Australian Safari accident where he ran into a fence at high speed in bad dust conditions and got thrown badly. Surgery was needed for his shoulder ligaments. That was in early September. Hopefully he will be ready in January. :cry:

• terrymc

Posted November 11, 2004 - 09:03 AM

I would love to have that setup for Utah riding. Last weekend I forgot to gas up at our gas drop (Talk about dumb) and ended up having to offer to buy some gas at Whitewash.Well, the guy gave it to me, thanks man, wherever you are. Anyways it would be nice to have a real tank available for the WR for the few times a year I would use it.

• bikepilot

Posted November 11, 2004 - 09:21 PM

bike looks big bulky and heavy, I couldnt ride one of those! :cry:

Still probably a lot more agile than an 84 TT600..... :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.