decomperssion lever on a 04 wr450

7 replies to this topic
  • chadH123

Posted November 08, 2004 - 12:14 AM

Do you really need it on the bike? I see the plugs for replacement on the motor but have heard people talking about an auto decompression cam. If I remove the lever do I need a new cam? and is the lever just for starting with the electric starter? Thanks :cry:

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 08, 2004 - 12:26 AM

No such thing as a decomp lever on a 450, wich part are you refering to (where abouts is it located)

• chadH123

Posted November 08, 2004 - 12:29 AM

the little black lever next to the clutch lever :cry:

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 08, 2004 - 12:31 AM

the little black lever next to the clutch lever :cry:

On a 450 that is the hot start lever.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chadH123

Posted November 08, 2004 - 12:33 AM

OK so what does it do? I'm guessing it would just lean the carb a little for a cleaner start or does it do something diffrent? Is it for after the bike motor is warm or during hot temps? Thanks I'm new to the bike and no owners manual.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 08, 2004 - 12:38 AM

When they are hot or you drop them it makes them a bit easier to start by opening an air passage through the carb. (crank it with the lever pulled in)

• chadH123

Posted November 08, 2004 - 12:43 AM

Thanks I guess I was right by saying it just leans it out a bit.. Thanks again for your help :cry:

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 08, 2004 - 12:48 AM

No worries and welcome to TT :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.