Chain Guides - Aluminum or Plastic?

5 replies to this topic
  • Moondogger

Posted November 07, 2004 - 10:53 AM

I went riding yesterday in the desert and the rocks chewed up my stock chain guide/guard. I want to replace it and can't decide between aluminum or plastic. Fredette Racing and Scotts Performance make some nice aluminum ones, BRP makes a sweet looking billet aluminum one, www.brpit.com. I've also checked out T.M. Designworks plastic guides, which are supposed to be pretty durable.

So what do you think, aluminum or plastic?

Thanks.

Moondogger

• ddialogue

Posted November 07, 2004 - 11:07 AM

I was a little worried about using a plastic chain guide but my T.M. Designworks guide has been going strong for about a year now and I ride some rocky stuff. It's a bit gouged up on the front but it's been remarkably durable. :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 07, 2004 - 05:19 PM

TM Designs Plastic. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moondogger

Posted November 07, 2004 - 09:30 PM

I think I'll go with the T.M. Designs chain guide. I'm also going to install one of their chain slides as well.

• Treebark

Posted November 07, 2004 - 10:02 PM

Where are you getting them from and who as the best price?

• wvbob

Posted November 08, 2004 - 05:30 AM

i got a tm chain guide&tm slider plate.both are holding up very well.got them from rocky mountain's catalog .they are a bit noisier than stock but well worth it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.