Red Hot Header

3 replies to this topic
  • Matt_the_Fat

Posted July 10, 2001 - 03:26 AM

Hey all,
I've found that I can see my header glowing red-hot while riding at night. I have an '01-WR that is all stock except the airbox lid, throttle-stop and grey wire.
Does anyone know if this is normal? I assume that it is since my machine is running flawlessly.

Posted July 10, 2001 - 04:11 AM

Yes,it will. Usually this happens with mine when I sit still for a while. No real big deal but, when mine starts to do this I usually shut it off or ride faster :)

2001 YR 426, YZ# Plate, YZ Fender, YZ pipe, YZ Tank, SDG YZ Seat, 13/50 Gearing, Pro-Taper Bars, TAG Triple Clamp, Moose Handguards, Maier Frameguards, Throttle Stop Trimmed, Air Box Lid Removed, Gray Wire Mod.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted July 10, 2001 - 05:23 AM

Matt- This is normal. Don't worry about it.

However the stock jetting with airbox restrictor removed may be a little lean if you're in lower elevations. Does the pipe pop or backfire much?

• Matt_the_Fat

Posted July 11, 2001 - 06:06 AM

Thanks for the response MCarp. I'm at pretty low elevations, but it only pops when I have the silencer out and it's just warming up. Otherwise, it's great.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.