04 Wr450f Won't Start

1 reply to this topic
  • xteamrider

Posted November 07, 2004 - 10:27 AM

So, I think I did something pretty stupid. I had recently cleaned my bike. I always cover up the air intake port with a piece of duct tape during cleaning. So, yesterday I was going to change my oil so I can ride today and started the bike, rode it about half a block when it died. I couldn't get it started back up, even trying to compression start it. Once back in the garage I realized I still had duct tape over the air intake. Now she won't start at all. I tried letting it sit for 24hrs in hope it was maybe flooded, tipped it on the side to drain fuel, and put a brand new spark plug in. She still won't fire, even on compression start. Anyone have any idea what I might of did?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted November 08, 2004 - 04:57 PM

You flooded it....pull the new plug and throw it away, put a fresh plug in the cap and ground it, then crank the engine to blow out the raw fuel still in the cylinder. Install fresh plug and start..... :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.