JD jet kit()426f().

5 replies to this topic

Posted November 06, 2004 - 10:08 PM

Should I get a JD jet kit for my 426? Does it wake the beast up more? Tell me the difference.

• Jeffro426

Posted November 06, 2004 - 10:43 PM

I personally think they are a waste of money if you know anything about jetting a carb...60 bucks will buy a TON of jets when you probably really only a couple bucks worth once you get it dialed in. IF you have a lack of patients, or just dont want to bother with experimenting, then go that route. I dont think they offer any real advantages over a properly tuned/jetted bike.

• NAFLASH

Posted November 07, 2004 - 12:15 PM

707, quit thinking about it just buy it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikev7

Posted November 07, 2004 - 12:23 PM

Don't they come with a adjustable jet? Mine has a jet with a circlip around it for tuning. What would you need a kit for?

• Fastest1

Posted November 07, 2004 - 06:18 PM

Yes you can adjust it by trial and error if you are experienced or patient. You still wont get the custom needles that JD makes. from everything I have read about them (JD kits) Everyone has loved the results.

• NAFLASH

Posted November 07, 2004 - 07:57 PM

Ditto, buy it

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.