05 WR450 fuel screw

5 replies to this topic
  • jbarnes

Posted November 06, 2004 - 06:56 PM

Went to adjust the screw on the new bike and there is a plug with a very small hole in it to prevent getting a screw driver in there, is this new for 05 ? My 98 did not have this, there to keep it from being tuned off the factory lean settings I suppose. Got it out with a dremel with a 90 degree adapter and the sheet metal screw bit, first time I've used either of these. What have the 03/04's run best at setting wise?

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 06, 2004 - 08:55 PM

Start with 1.5 to 2 turns out with a 48 pilot jet. :cry:

• luke_n

Posted November 06, 2004 - 09:28 PM

Went to adjust the screw on the new bike and there is a plug with a very small hole in it to prevent getting a screw driver in there, is this new for 05 ? My 98 did not have this, there to keep it from being tuned off the factory lean settings I suppose. Got it out with a dremel with a 90 degree adapter and the sheet metal screw bit, first time I've used either of these. What have the 03/04's run best at setting wise?

Is this right? There is something plugging the hole and your saying it wouldn't screw out you had to grind it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ovrrdrive

Posted November 07, 2004 - 11:05 AM

Sounds like the same caps they put over the screws on their streetbikes to keep you from adjusting them. Well, it keeps you from doing it until you drill the caps off anyhow.

I'm betting this has something to do with the green sticker...

• jbarnes

Posted November 07, 2004 - 11:06 AM

Yes, it's a little metal plug with a very small hole in it. It's pressed in and not threaded. Without taking everything apart to get better access, the dremel with the elbow was the only way I had to get at it. Removal of the clutch cable bracket below the carb made just enough room.

• Seabass

Posted November 07, 2004 - 11:54 AM

Yes, it's a little metal plug with a very small hole in it. It's pressed in and not threaded. Without taking everything apart to get better access, the dremel with the elbow was the only way I had to get at it. Removal of the clutch cable bracket below the carb made just enough room.

I just used a dental pick with a 90 degree end on it. I was able to get the end of the pick thru the hole and just wedge it out. And yes this plug is for green sticker reasons. God knows all the pollutants a vehicle I ride three times a month would put out if I were able to richen the fuel mixture :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.