Buying a used WR426

5 replies to this topic
  • Steviejay01

Posted November 06, 2004 - 03:52 AM

You guys seem to be the kiddy's tell me what to watch out for and what a wonderful bike it is......
Any tips, on what I need to look out for, and what I might want to do ref gearing ie: 16-46 for the road and summut else for the dirt track if I ever get on some loose sticky stuff?? :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 06, 2004 - 07:01 AM

Bring your compression tester and check the engine compression. Take it for a short ride and make sure the gears all work. Visually inspect the overall condition. :cry:

• captain_S

Posted November 06, 2004 - 12:03 PM

The 426 is a good bike,pay attention to the kick start mech and the gearbox,the top end can have some troubles with galling of the cam cups,most allways look for chewd up nuts an bolts on a second hand buy,it will tell you most about what you need to know!,new plastic and a rake of chewd up nuts`n`bolts?=walk away! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dale

Posted November 06, 2004 - 03:05 PM

I have a very nice WR for sale. Please add your area too your profile.

• Rattler88

Posted November 06, 2004 - 07:14 PM

Check under the ruber chain protector on the top
of the swing arm, for wear and cracks also check
the the underside of the frame for dents and cracks.
As well as the above post's

Good Luck :cry:

• Steviejay01

Posted November 07, 2004 - 06:15 AM

Dale I'm in the Uk buddy.....

I want to ride it in Supermoto Spec on the street.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.