runs like [@#$%&*!] down low?

3 replies to this topic
  • Shane_Bettin

Posted November 05, 2004 - 05:05 PM

well i took my bike for a rip today after sealing the airbox. the only problem i had was when the throttle was at a steady 1/4 or so opening the engine would sputter and feal like its gonna stall. does the pilot affect this part of the throttle range? i put a 45 pilot in it before because it was lean from my leak, but now that fixed so could that 45 be giving it to much fuel at that opening?
thanks
shane

• NAFLASH

Posted November 05, 2004 - 05:34 PM

What kind bike are you riding?How many turns is the pilot screw out?How big is the main jet?Elevation?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shane_Bettin

Posted November 06, 2004 - 03:27 AM

its a 99 yz400f. 182 main, 4th or 5th clip (can't remember), 45 pilot, 1 3/4 turns out. around 0 degrees celcius, between 300 and 1300 feet above sea level.

• sirthumpalot

Posted November 06, 2004 - 04:18 AM

Before you do any tuning, clean out the carb really good. Make sure it's clean.

You're right in the throttle range where the pilot jet and fuel screw can make a large difference, that is where I would start adjusting. Try to tune it out with the fuel screw, and if that isn't enough adjustment then start swapping pilot jets.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.