Gurgling sound coming from my 04 wr 450

10 replies to this topic
  • stink

Posted November 05, 2004 - 04:49 PM

When I stop riding and shut the motor off after a few min the rad will start to make a gurgling sound. Is there an air pocket in my cooling system? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks S.
When it is cold the level in the rad is totally full.

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 05, 2004 - 05:20 PM

Change your antifreeze/distilled water it may be old or mixed at the wong ratios. 50/50 is what you should have. No gurgling should be present after that unless you overheat. :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted November 05, 2004 - 08:25 PM

its probly just the the fluid returning to the rad from the overflow tank. :cry:

• SteadyEddy

Posted November 06, 2004 - 02:25 AM

Yeah, my bike does the same thing, could never pin point where the sound is coming from :cry:

• mousemeat

Posted November 06, 2004 - 02:39 AM

Mine normally makes a bit of gurgling after i shut it off and have been riding slow stuff. It has also made gurgling when my tank breather valve was acting funny.

"Next time you are too drunk to drive, Walk to the nearest Dominoes, Place an order, And when they go to deliver it, Catch a ride home with them"

That is genius.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TallBoysWRF

Posted November 06, 2004 - 04:31 PM

You are boiling your radiator fluid. Like mentioned before, change your fluid and add a 50/50 mix. This should take care of it.

• new2blu

Posted November 06, 2004 - 07:08 PM

My 03 WR450 does the same thing and I am running Engine Ice in it.
I think that since the coolant isn't flowing when the bike is off one of two things is happening:
1.Coolant is boiling around the very hot cylinder head.
2. Coolant is moving to or from the overflow (expansion) tank.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 06, 2004 - 07:23 PM

I found squeezing the tank made the same type of noise and put it down to the dickie cap on the tank with some fuel in that crazy valve in there when the fuel expands from the heat of the motor :cry: squeeze youre tank and let us know what happens :cry:

• mtrablue

Posted November 07, 2004 - 07:17 PM

i'm with blue beast on this one. before you do anything with your cooling system, unscrew you gas cap when you hear the noise. my '03 does it. it drove me nuts trying to find it. well, maybe just more nuts.

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted November 07, 2004 - 08:35 PM

my 04 WR450 does not do this

• stink

Posted November 12, 2004 - 01:11 PM

Finally went for another ride and it was thw gas cap venting making the sound. Thanks S.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.