Should i get my deposit back...& go Honda

22 replies to this topic
  • big t

Posted November 10, 2004 - 01:23 AM

Man, i feel ill in even typing these words :cry:
I put a deposit on an 05 YZ a few weeks ago.
I just picked up a copy of Dirt Bike & the write ups on the CRF were almost sickening. They must keep these reds in their bedrooms at night !!! Not one bad word said about them in a month of testing.
As for the YZ, they sickened me with the consytant mention of the 4 speed, how it felt cramped to taller riders {i'm over 6 feet} basically said it lacked power, the chain is [@#$%&*!], the saddle isn't forgiving...etc.
Man this four speed might suck. I'm coming off a wickedly tuned 04 WR 450 F.
I maybe exaggerating somewhat, but they really loved that CRF.
I guess i can be happy with the reliability factor of my Yamaha :cry:.........although they even raved about the Honda on that account as well :cry:
I also realize the rider makes the biggest difference....but i need all the help i can get :cry:
Someone make it alright....i need a hug.... LMFAO
Not trying to offend anyone....just a little pissed.
Is Honda really on top interms of all around wins in MX ???

Go ahead and get the YZ. I really don't think you will be disappointed. I just rode a 05 crf450 and it is a sweet bike but I just bought a 04 YZ450 and love it. The valve issues and $$ was a factor for me buying my first Yamaha.

Honda probably is on top of the all around mx wins but RC is not there anymore. His 2 perfect seasons in the nationals is f'ing awesome. I hope he does good with Suzuki.

Here's your hug. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIKE0

Posted November 10, 2004 - 05:12 AM

Just got my YZ 450f 04 11-5-04. It was my first 4 stroke to buy. Rode it at the local track Sat. Loved it. The 4 speed was great to me. All I have ever rode was a 250 2 stroke. My old bike is a Yz 250. The bike tracks very well. All my buddies had CRF 450 & grap about the front tire sliding instead of tracking. I never once had that problem with my Yz. :cry:

• YZ426FPilot

Posted November 10, 2004 - 04:33 PM

Keep the WR.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.