popping in the airbox??

3 replies to this topic
  • Shane_Bettin

Posted November 05, 2004 - 10:17 AM

well i had an air leak in my airbox that i didn't know about which caused my bike to run real lean. i didn't know what was wrong at the time so i richened up all the jets. 182 main, 4th or 5th clip(can't remember right right), and a 45 pilot with 1 3/4 turns on on the screw. now that my airbox is sealed up when i have the seat off and the engine idling, if i put my lear to the filter i can here a popping in the airbox/carb. i also noticed a slight change in idle everytime it popped. i haven't riden it yet since i sealed the box so i haven't done any plug tests or nothin. im goin for a rip today so ill see how it runs, but wahst could be causeing that popping on the airbox side?
thanks
shane

• yz426onNOS

Posted November 07, 2004 - 11:12 AM

Maybe a backfire.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ250F_Rider

Posted November 07, 2004 - 01:53 PM

what you hear is the throttle plate. Take the seat off and it should be very easy to hear.

What do you mean you sealed up the airbox?

• yzf450jack

Posted November 08, 2004 - 08:49 PM

Your intake valve's may be going see if valve adjustment is good The gap may be gone

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.