45 replies to this topic
  • oldbones

Posted November 05, 2004 - 04:18 PM

Like I said, I have nothing bad to say about the Unabikers, just wanted to clarify that point on the Rooster guards.

BTW, isn't TT great? How would we find any of this great stuff for our bikes otherwise?

See you guys out riding! :cry:

• Brettv

Posted November 05, 2004 - 04:58 PM

G'day everyone, thought id add my two cents, i just fitted a pair to my wrf400 99. they fitted up perfect, took about 30mins to get them on. i second the idea of labelling left and right with little stickers or such. the customer service i received was terrific I thank you again Brian for all your help, it only took 5 days to ship all the was to Oz.

One thing i would suggest is, i never noticed before but there are actually two styles of guards (maybe more?) one with the tank bolt triangle thing and one with the two black bolt things. either way works great and in my opinion should work just as well as each other. the wrf400 ones come with the two black bolts. maybe a note on the website pointing out the differences would be good? i understand why the guards must be different due to the model of the bike.

also i see you dont have a pic of the wr400, ill take a few if you want, and you can use them for your site?

excellent product! :cry: :cry:

• Treebark

Posted November 05, 2004 - 05:56 PM

The Rooster product doesn't look as nice as the Unibiker IMO. The front of the rad gaurds are too close to the rad and with a good hit they will bend into rad where the Unibiker's will bend out away from rad. Plus it looks as if they're painted rather than anodized.

• oldbones

Posted November 05, 2004 - 09:26 PM

Actually, they are powdercoated.

Posted November 05, 2004 - 09:28 PM

I have an 05 WR450 perfect fit with Unabiker's Rad Guard. Looks great.

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 05, 2004 - 09:30 PM

Anodizing is superior to powder coating and Brian at Unabiker is a first class designer and a real world die hard rider! Great product! I have been to his shop and seen him making fantastic guarding! :cry:

• jchantzWR400F

Posted November 08, 2004 - 06:22 AM

how come it took a half hour to install?
I installed my Rooster Performance rad gaurds in about 5 min. Everything lined up perfect.

Great post...Informative, Useful, Unbiased. Very Helpful. Thanks for being a contributing member. :cry:

Posted November 10, 2004 - 07:07 PM

I need to bring this post to the top because I just received my radiator guards from "TT" Fit and finish is great! Easy to install, took me about 30 minutes. If I had any complaint it would be the instructions. I want pics because I hate reading! :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Moondogger

Posted November 10, 2004 - 07:52 PM

I just ordered a set from Brian on Monday. Can't wait to see them.

Any tips on the installation process?

Posted November 11, 2004 - 10:28 AM

No tips to really give. They are straight forward. Grab a beer and some tunes and go for it! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moondogger

Posted November 16, 2004 - 12:44 AM

I just installed my Unibiker Rad Guards tonight. Everything went smoothly, very easy to install and all the bolts lined up.

After I tightened everything down, I banged on them a bit and they seem very solid.

Great product! You should get a set.

• r_dawg1021

Posted November 16, 2004 - 07:27 AM

Nice review. I'm tossed between Rooster and Unibiker...AGH. I hate making decisions :cry:

• Victor Champion

Posted November 16, 2004 - 09:17 AM

I would get the rooster if they made it for my bike.

Posted November 16, 2004 - 09:28 AM

I don't think you would go wrong with either one.

• 450_James

Posted November 16, 2004 - 11:31 AM

I'd like to order the guard for my 05 WR450. I'm also looking a getting a larger tank like an IMS or Zip-Ty. will these guards work with the oversized tanks?

How do I order them? I look at the TT store and couldn't find them.

Posted November 16, 2004 - 11:35 AM

Just email TT, they can get you a price on them.... I bought mine from TT!

• Moondogger

Posted November 16, 2004 - 11:21 PM

or you can email brian directly.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted November 16, 2004 - 11:23 PM

I'd like to order the guard for my 05 WR450. I'm also looking a getting a larger tank like an IMS or Zip-Ty. will these guards work with the oversized tanks?

How do I order them? I look at the TT store and couldn't find them.

shop@thumpertalk.com or 1.866.6.SHOPTT :cry:

• 35racer

Posted November 17, 2004 - 08:14 AM

It seems I cannot modify my original post... so here is the update. Maybe an admin can do it?

Unabiker sent me a replacement set of guards and they fit perfectly. I lined them up with the original set and they seem identical, but I guess when you're working with metal there is not a whole lot of "give".

Anyway. Bottom line is that my experience with Unabiker's product and service has been excellent and I highly recommend them. Read the first post in this thread for more detail.

Posted November 17, 2004 - 08:20 AM

Good to hear! :cry: I like mine. I wish they were a darker blue though..... I guess you can't have everything though :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.