Overheating with the stock baffle in??

2 replies to this topic
  • rwhitlock

Posted July 09, 2001 - 06:56 PM

Hello all...

I thought I had read here or on another dirtbike site that if you leave the stock baffle in on the WR that you can over heat the engine? Anyone else hear of this?

Also, does the stock headpipe turn more of a red color if you leave the baffle in?

I mainly ride mountain roads and some single track trails. An un-corked stock exhaust just is too loud for my tastes, but the hard hitting power sure is fun. I am very interested in the FMF IV-Q series and the db claims they have.

Thanks for your help,

Rod

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JamesD

Posted July 09, 2001 - 08:22 PM

It chokes the engine so bad I doubt heating is a problem! :)

• gmcandcamaroz

Posted July 10, 2001 - 01:22 AM

My headpipe used to glow cherry red. That was with all factory equipment. It has also puked on me when riding tight, slow moving trails. I haven't noticed the problem since I removed the baffle.

------------------
If you ain't wreckin'
You ain't ridin'

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.