Stolen BRP.

17 replies to this topic
  • Maj0r

Posted November 04, 2004 - 01:56 PM

*SOB*
The night before last somebody broke into my garage, ignored the computers, pushbikes, lawnmowers etc and absconded with my baby.

:cry:

I feel as if someones kidnapped one of my children...wondering what they're doing to her..
It was fully insured but I wont get the insurance money for a couple of months so I'm a bit peeved.

Anyone reading this in Western Sydney be aware, the cops told me there's a gang of youths following dirtbikes home and then doing the unmentionable. Any suggestions on keeping my next BRP safe???

• Old_Man_Time

Posted November 04, 2004 - 05:03 PM

There are several lock systems that pass through the swing arm or forks or brake disks or sprockets. It would make it more difficult to move your bike without resorting to physically carrying it. But if they are really pros, they will get it.

My favorite is to run an electrical circuit to the bike and they complete the ground when they touch it. I think this would be against the law in most places but right non the less. :cry: :cry: :cry:

• J_T

Posted November 04, 2004 - 07:51 PM

My favorite is to run an electrical circuit to the bike and they complete the ground when they touch it. I think this would be against the law in most places but right non the less.

What if you had a "Caution, High Voltage, Do not enter" sign on the Garage door...Then you'd have your butt covered if they happened to be standing in a pool of water or maybe around Gasoline fumes when the circut was completed?

:cry: Posted Image

• Old_Man_Time

Posted November 04, 2004 - 08:43 PM

My favorite is to run an electrical circuit to the bike and they complete the ground when they touch it. I think this would be against the law in most places but right non the less.

What if you had a "Caution, High Voltage, Do not enter" sign on the Garage door...Then you'd have your butt covered if they happened to be standing in a pool of water or maybe around Gasoline fumes when the circut was completed?

Now that has to be legal.
:lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• JetPilot

Posted November 04, 2004 - 09:31 PM

Wal-Mart sells a monster thick 6 foot cable with intergrated lock for 20 bucks :lol:!!! Put that around the frame of the bike, and around a pipe, 4x4, or something like that in the garage. They will see that and just go look for another bike :cry:. Sure it would still be possible to steal the bike by cutting, or breaking [@#$%&*!] :cry: but that would make so much noise that they would be caught before they finished :cry:. It does not have to be impossible to steal, just make it so hard that its not worth the risk and effort and they just go elsewhere :cry:.

I like the electric idea, but its to hard to set up :lol:, and its kind of hard on the kids :cry:...

• don87xr600

Posted November 04, 2004 - 11:12 PM

Now that has to be legal.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

It would be even worse for you in court because you knew you had a dangerous situation. I say just shoot them and despose of the body! :lol:

• TimBrp

Posted November 05, 2004 - 04:26 AM

I'm with don. I catch someone breaking into my house, look out! I would tie em' up and torture em' for a few hours before I called the cops. Actually screw the cops, I've got plenty of shovels and friends... :cry:

• lrutt

Posted November 05, 2004 - 04:50 AM

that truly sucks, right out of the garage. I have 10 bikes in my shop, along with a ton of tools. I extended the alarm system from my house to my shop and put a motion sensor in there. Anyone get's in there at night, I'll know. I've set it off by accident a few times by opening the overhead door without disarming it.

In this day and age of so many scum sucking low lifes you all should really consider an alarm for the house and premises.

• frankstr

Posted November 05, 2004 - 05:21 AM

Theives suck carnage....
You cant trust anything to be safe :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrbrp

Posted November 05, 2004 - 06:59 AM

pitbull or similar dog

• BIGGITY

Posted November 05, 2004 - 07:21 AM

Wal-Mart sells a monster thick 6 foot cable with intergrated lock for 20 bucks :lol:!!! Put that around the frame of the bike, and around a pipe, 4x4, or something like that in the garage. They will see that and just go look for another bike :cry:. Sure it would still be possible to steal the bike by cutting, or breaking [@#$%&*!] :cry: but that would make so much noise that they would be caught before they finished :lol:. It does not have to be impossible to steal, just make it so hard that its not worth the risk and effort and they just go elsewhere :cry:.

I like the electric idea, but its to hard to set up :lol:, and its kind of hard on the kids :cry:...

This is what I do too. I have the biggest damn chain that I could find (you would need supersize bolt cutter to get through it.)and run it through both tires and the frame and then around a support beam in my garage. It would be some serious work to get that bike out of there.

Best idea was the motion detectors and alarm. Hook that up to a foghorn or something similiar in volume. :cry:

• zx7rye

Posted November 05, 2004 - 12:46 PM

And just remember 1 thing when the thieving F*cks are caught

Burn....chop.....distribute! :cry:

• CRUDE_DUDE

Posted November 05, 2004 - 01:16 PM

My biggest source of stress is the thought of coming home from work to find I've been ripped off. Living in the country and having just built my place I've not yet installed all the necessary alarms, lights, etc...SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS!!! Hope they get caught by a homeowner and his hammer!

• BigRedPigRider

Posted November 05, 2004 - 03:30 PM

Hope they get caught by a homeowner and his hammer!

I second that, I know how much I LOVE my pig. More than any bike i've owned. Sorry to here about your baby man, that really sucks.

• cyclenut51

Posted November 05, 2004 - 03:38 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss. :cry:

Three of ours were stolen last April, but we did get them back. We never caught who did it though. It's probably a good thing... :cry:

Best of luck with getting it back or getting replacement. Been there, know the feeling. :cry:

• bakeray

Posted November 06, 2004 - 01:51 AM

I have been thinking alot about this very problem. I am thinking when I put mine in storage ( I live in an apt and pay a place to store mine) putting a disk lock like you would buy for a street bike AND a cable on it. I guess if they want it bad enough and cant afford it nothing is going to stop them from taking it...except for a head and ass full of buck shot.

• roadcam

Posted November 08, 2004 - 12:56 PM

best advice I can give you, is to scream at your government to give you your GUNS back !!! ... good luck, hope you find your bike...

• roadcam

Posted November 08, 2004 - 12:59 PM

Best Advice ?? ... tell your government to give you your GUNS back !!!! ... good luck, hope you find your piggie

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.