NEW 04 YZ450F

3 replies to this topic
  • Fulltilt3

Posted November 04, 2004 - 05:32 AM

I have a couple of questions regarding setting up my new ride (ordered yesterday).

What is the best bar mount option for 1 1/8" bars that will enable me to use my scotts damper? I am 6' tall.

I ride cross country and enduros. I have on my list a flywheel weight (ordering today), clarke 2.8 tank (ordering today), race tech suspension front and rear, hand guards off my soon to be gone 04 crf450, z-start (on order), fuel screw (ordering today), new chain (today), changing tires when it arrives.

Any tips on maintenance like where online to buy oil filters, extra air filters, etc...

Thanks for your help.

• Wyatt

Posted November 04, 2004 - 06:44 AM

Order a stainless steel sprocket to go with your new chain. Also get a Scott's stainless steel re-usable oil filter and about 2 or 3 more air filters. Take the bolts out of the top of the chain slider when you have your chain off. Run a thick bead of silicone down between the slider and the swingarm, and then re-install the slider.

With the list you had and the few items above, you should set and ready to go.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fulltilt3

Posted November 04, 2004 - 07:23 AM

Like the silocone sealant stuff that comes in a tube like caulk?

• Wyatt

Posted November 04, 2004 - 07:49 AM

No, like clear silicone sealant. skthom2320 says that Goop brand automotive sealant works even better than silicone. The idea is to make a buffer between the chain slider and the swingarm to prevent wear from the two rubbing together.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.