helmetcams ;

6 replies to this topic
  • DJH

Posted July 09, 2001 - 04:42 PM

lookin in to gettin one. anyone have any tips,sugestions...

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted July 09, 2001 - 04:45 PM

• MOmilkman

Posted July 09, 2001 - 04:50 PM

If you get one from www.helmetcamera.com dont use the tinted lens. Its really too dark and distorts the color of the picture. Other than that I have no problems with this company and they make a excellent product. The picture is awesome with my Digital8 camcorder.

Darin in Missouri - 1999 WR400F
Enduro Heaven

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DJH

Posted July 09, 2001 - 06:12 PM

MAN..! I could'nt ask for more! Thanks for the quick responce, RON & DARIN. nice photos! RON. Took a ride here in steamboat spg. CO. with my bud John over the 4th. holiday week, it was awsome. Thought it'd be cool to get some vid of the ride. Next time for sure.

Thanks, Dan

• Dougie

Posted July 09, 2001 - 06:24 PM

I have the one from Helmetcamera.com and it takes pretty good video. I've had a few problems getting it to work properly but all in all I guess I'm happy with it. However, I used it this weekend and it was pretty hot out. The battery sort of blew up. It didn't explode but it got bloated and is now non functional. So I need a new battery...$$$

Actually, I think the big problem is my digital camera. I have a Canon ZR10 and the plugs kept coming apart. Taping it real good solved that problem. Then I started having problems when the rocks and hard jolts made the heads jump, causing digital artifacting of the video. I used a regular belt to help secure my backpack more to keep it from moving. That seemed to help too.

Then I noticed on my last ride I was missing sections of video. There would be video and then just blue screen, video, blue screen...etc. for about 20 minutes. I think this was because the cord came untaped from my helmet and was pulling on the helmetcam itself. I hope anyway.

I agree about the tinted lens. It is too dark. They also scratch pretty easily. So those are just a few things I've gone through to get this thing to work properly.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 10, 2001 - 06:07 AM

Ron, I think you could be more organized with your information regarding the helmetcam stuff.... I mean, Get your act together. What is this rookie hour?? :)

I wish I was going riding with you guys this weekend but I'll be in Bass Lake doing a dualsport ride with my Dad and Brother, otherwise I'de be there... See ya, Dan

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted July 10, 2001 - 07:02 AM

Dan, have fun at Bass Lake.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.