YZF450 exhaust cam

2 replies to this topic
  • launchzone

Posted November 03, 2004 - 04:29 PM

To all that installed a 2003 YZF450 exhaust cam in the 2003 WR450: How many pins (cam chain) between the marks (teeth) on each cam sprocket. I'm counting pins, not links. The 2 marks on the exhaust - 12:00 o'clock & 9 o'clock , the 2 marks on the intake - 12:00 o'clock & 3 o'clock. I counted 12 pins. Is this correct? :cry:(the crank is on the TDC mark). Thanks for any info.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jchantzWR400F

Posted November 04, 2004 - 06:28 AM

If the info's not somewhere in hear, I'd be surprised. :cry:

• launchzone

Posted November 04, 2004 - 09:00 AM

Well I'm answering my posting: Its 14 pins! It looked right set at 13pins, but set at 14 pins the bike starts good even though the punch mark is slightly under the recommended position (9:00 o'clock)on the exh. cam. It has a bog if you snap the throttle, but revs out good after that. I'll turn in the mixture screw from 2.5 turns to 2 turns and go from there. Thanks for looking and any info is appreciated.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.