Anyone with pics with big air on a wr450??

5 replies to this topic
  • ridedakota24

Posted November 02, 2004 - 09:35 PM

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures with big air on a wr 450 or dose some big jumps with the stock forks and rear shock, I would like to no the limits of this bike? and i cant get th rear shock spring tightened, i dont no how to get the screws turned on the shock so can u also please help me with that? thanks alot guys

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 03, 2004 - 04:15 AM

I know Dave Dialogue does some great big air on Sand Dunes of St. Anthony. Check out his web site: www.wr450.com
Very impressive! :cry:

• ddialogue

Posted November 03, 2004 - 05:38 AM

The stock springs are definitely too soft for me (I'm a lard butt.)

Here's a 70 footer.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted November 03, 2004 - 10:33 AM

That's pretty rad on a WR. Your videos are fun to watch. I'll have to get some pointers from you on how to ride a wheelie for so long, that is impressive.

By the way, how tall are you? You've got to be over 6'3" to make a WR look so small. Hell it looks like your on a Yami Trailway 200 in some of the shots. I'm just a little squeak that has to tip toe his way all over the place. Mini Me could probably dunk on me. I make for some pretty funny dismounts though. My next pair of riding boots will be like George Castanza's Timberlands. :cry:

I wish more people would post good quality video, I'm in for a long winter! :cry:

• jerryls

Posted November 03, 2004 - 10:36 AM

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures with big air on a wr 450 or dose some big jumps with the stock forks and rear shock, I would like to no the limits of this bike? and i cant get th rear shock spring tightened, i dont no how to get the screws turned on the shock so can u also please help me with that? thanks alot guys

I still have the stock suspension with a little bit stiffer spring in the shock. I hit a 50 ft tabletop at a GP race a couple weeks back. I believe I'm now about 2 inches shorter as a result of the landing. Definitely get your suspension done before attempting to get "big air."

As for your other questions, read the manual. It details exactly how to do it.

• ddialogue

Posted November 03, 2004 - 01:31 PM

That's pretty rad on a WR. Your videos are fun to watch. I'll have to get some pointers from you on how to ride a wheelie for so long, that is impressive.

By the way, how tall are you? You've got to be over 6'3" to make a WR look so small. Hell it looks like your on a Yami Trailway 200 in some of the shots. I'm just a little squeak that has to tip toe his way all over the place. Mini Me could probably dunk on me. I make for some pretty funny dismounts though. My next pair of riding boots will be like George Castanza's Timberlands. :cry:

I wish more people would post good quality video, I'm in for a long winter! :cry:

I'm 6'2" so the WR is a good fit for me. In fact, I have it setup a bit taller than stock.

I'm glad you like the videos...hopefully you won't get too bored this winter while I'm out riding!! :cry: :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.