cleaning carb

2 replies to this topic
  • Rooster426

Posted November 02, 2004 - 02:51 PM

I am thinking about cleaning the Carb on my 01 WR426. I am pretty sure it's never been done before. I bought it used from a guy who did nothing to maintain it. My question is that is there anything I should be careful with? I am definately a novice when it come to jetting/needle placement ect., but I am not skeered to learn...any advice appreciated!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted November 02, 2004 - 03:51 PM

Keep carb cleaner away from any rubber diaphrams and seals! :cry:

• 5valve

Posted November 03, 2004 - 11:20 AM

pull apart with manual book help, clean all possible corners, edges...inside and out, and dont avoid cleaning the accelerator membrane and the one, that takes care of hot start (if 426 has it)
check needle wear, carb slide state, float says it all
be gentle and do one thing at a time if lurning

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.