Aftermarket Parts for 05 WR450F

7 replies to this topic
  • sigurd

Posted November 02, 2004 - 09:17 AM

I would like to buy a pipe, frame guards, and a skid plate. All of the catalogs only go to 04. Will these parts work on a 05? Also, has anyone put a new seat on thier WR? I would like some more foam for my skinny butt. Does Ceet make one yet?

thanks,
James

• Flip01

Posted November 02, 2004 - 09:35 AM

Hey sig- check yer PMs

Also checkout Eline Accessories They have listings for carbon/kevlar stuff for the '05. From what I'm seeing though, most of the '04 stuff should bolt up.

• Texas4play

Posted November 02, 2004 - 09:56 AM

Some stuff for the 04 YZ450F will work. Some won't.

The Devol frame guards I know will work. The works connection radiator braces WILL NOT. At least the right side will not although the left side will :cry:

Don't know about the seat. Maybe try impact shorts to pad YOUR seat :cry:

• Texas4play

Posted November 02, 2004 - 10:00 AM

Sorry, forgot to mention ... most all pipes will work too. Check out the post "pulled the trigger" He's got pics of a super nice white bros E2 pipe.

Also check out www.worksconnection.com for guards and plates and such. They have alot of '05 stuff too. ETA of 12/10/04 on the rad braces.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kurtdb1

Posted November 02, 2004 - 10:00 AM

My 05 WR450F is being used as I am typing this as a Guinnee(sp?) pig for BRP...they are measuring and making the upper triple clamps (odo mount is diff than 04 and the forks are 48mm instead of 46)...they are also fitting my old scotts dampner..etc. so if your looking for upper clamps...call BRP racing.......www.brpit.com

• sigurd

Posted November 02, 2004 - 10:11 AM

Thank you all! Flip, your going to love it.

James

• Seabass

Posted November 02, 2004 - 07:52 PM

I been to BRP everyday for the last four days. They have pretty much everything dialed in now. The only problem with the upper triple clamps are the spacing between the pinch bolts are not spaced wide enough apart to accept the brackets that hold the ignitionswitch, wire loom, and front brake line. I made the brackets fit the pinch bolts but the guys st BRP told me they should have clamps that work without modifying anything in about a week. It only took me 10 minutes to make the brackets work, and the odometer mounting bracket is now being made by BRP. Give them a call and they can set you up. There one of the best shops out there :cry:

• Math

Posted November 04, 2004 - 08:30 PM

Guts racing tall soft seat. No more :cry:.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.