Reliability

2 replies to this topic
  • Hoss

Posted July 09, 2001 - 07:09 AM

I have been riding for the past 30 years (All air cooled bikes), has anyone with WR 400 experienced any reliability issues out on the trail----Being stranded??? I am fanatical about maintanance and always keep everything within spec. I am just curious if there is weak area with WRs which needs special attention.
Thank you

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted July 09, 2001 - 03:12 PM

head vent routing and kick starting in deep water.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted July 09, 2001 - 03:32 PM

Hoss,

Like Kevin says, don't try to start it when in deep water after a stall. Water gets sucked up into the head via the vent tube. Also, keep an eye on your throttle cables at the carburetor. Sometimes they get frayed and will break.

So far my 400 has been very reliable.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.