clutch question

6 replies to this topic
  • YZthumperTX

Posted November 01, 2004 - 09:19 PM


ok i bought a magura hydraulic clutch for a guy a while back and the circled part is bent and so i need the replacement part for it. but i cant not find it any where on the net and i do not know what ir is called or where to buy it. PLEASE any help is appreciated!

Posted Image

  • exIT

Posted November 01, 2004 - 09:39 PM


I' m not sure how the Magura setup works but that looks like a slave cylinder to me. If only the rod is bent you should be able to disassemble it and straighten it without too much trouble.

  • grayracer513

Posted November 01, 2004 - 11:02 PM


I haven't worked with a Magura setup either, but I have lots of experience with a variety of hydraulics. If that is a picture of the actual assembly you have, it looks like the bend should be in the thinner section of the rod. The slave cylinder is made so that pulling the lever causes the actuating rod to be drawn into the cylinder. So, the important question is, is the actuating rod bent at a point where the bend will move past the seal and bushing in the end of the cylinder? If not, just straighten and use it. Remember, it pulls, so it doesn't need to be perfectly straight to be strong enough for the job. Even if it is bent where it will pass the seal, you might have some luck with straightening it. If the cylinder leaks or binds, you'll know it didn't work.

Ask a dealer to help you find a contact for Magura if you don't hear from someone else.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted November 02, 2004 - 04:44 AM


Parts unlimited sells the slave cylinder part right out of their catalog. Go down to your dealer and look at it. You need the KTM one you will see the picture. :cry:

  • YZthumperTX

Posted November 02, 2004 - 03:07 PM


thanx guys. i really need the little ball thing on the end. im about to go check out parts unlimited. thanx

  • tool

Posted November 02, 2004 - 04:57 PM


my brother broke the magura perch on his ktm, the dealer wants $215 for just the master cylinder. but i cant get an entire magura setup for my yz for $189.
whats up with that? :cry:

  • YZthumperTX

Posted November 02, 2004 - 07:05 PM


ya im having to pay about 90 bucks for the slave cylinder and bleed kit and i only paid 100 for the whole clutch! i could've just bought a new one. well live and learn :cry:

Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.