6 replies to this topic

Posted November 01, 2004 - 05:54 PM

• ETP

Posted November 01, 2004 - 06:27 PM

Good price, but how bad is the damage, and how well maintained has it been?
After being around here for a while, I would only buy a used dirtbike off of a TTr who has used this forum to keep his bike in top shape, like most of us.. :cry: :cry:

• bcs

Posted November 01, 2004 - 10:53 PM

I'm not familiar with Alabama, but the ad says it is a "non-titling state". If you're telling me that bike is sold with no title, I wouldn't take that chance. Too risky. The seller may not even have obtained it legally. Who knows?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted November 02, 2004 - 12:35 AM

There are several states out there that don't title dirt bikes. You get the MSO from the dealer if you buy it new, but when you buy it used from some private individual, the best you're going to get is a Bill Of Sale. I understand your caution, especially being from Kalifornia, and is worth checking the VIN for...other than that, it's commonplace in those states. Heck, in Mississippi, you don't even license a all...weird..

• chipwich

Posted November 02, 2004 - 04:27 AM

The damage might just refer to the plastic, which is no big deal. On the other hand, it has a TrailTech computer and the stock bars, which may be a good sign if they are original. If it runs good, it might be a great deal for someone, especially if you live near enough to go take a look. I'd call and ask how the radiators look.

• bcs

Posted November 02, 2004 - 06:17 AM

Yeah, out here in Kalifornia, we are obligated to register at the Dept of Motor Vehicles. I would just want to be sure that when they put that VIN in their computer, some alarm doesn't go off.

• Butta

Posted November 02, 2004 - 06:34 AM

It's definitely a valid concern and something I would do if buying from an unknown source...gotta protect yourself!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.