License Plate Holder

7 replies to this topic
  • Hoss

Posted July 09, 2001 - 06:27 AM

My bike is street legal and I can not find an after market plate holder for the WR since the rear febder is extremely narrow. Has any one found a plate holder or fabricated one????
Thanks

• scottannand

Posted July 09, 2001 - 07:14 AM

SRG-R makes a nice aluminum one for the WR
light and strong. About $30.00
Tel# 661/295-5190 ask for ext #232 (scott)

• Hoss

Posted July 09, 2001 - 07:37 AM

Thank you for the information. Does SRG have a web site?

• Spot_D

Posted July 09, 2001 - 11:28 AM

Yo Hoss! I bought a pretty good plate holder from Baja Designs. So far so good, have flipped the bike a couple o' times and it bends back good. I don't have a link for them, but search and you will find..G'luck!

------------------
'99 WR
way too stock

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wayneoXCF

Posted July 09, 2001 - 11:48 AM

Check this out: http://www.scottsper...m/indexsel.html
I bought an aluminum plate holder for around $22. It fits and is made for the WR. I dont use it much, but it has the 3 holes for the taillight bracket.

• DRZ400PA

Posted July 09, 2001 - 02:47 PM

Check out the pics at www.fourstrokesonly.com

• Hoss

Posted July 09, 2001 - 03:56 PM

Thank you all for your help. I have found the plate holder at Scotts Performance and many other WR parts that I have been looking for and could not find at Four Strokes Only.

• hodaphile

Posted July 11, 2001 - 01:22 PM

I used an Acerbis taillight that has a little extra mounting section built in. Then I just pop riveted to that piece. Mine is narrow too so I turned it sideways. I have seen others just fold the plate under.

------------------
aka Rich
1996 300 EXC
(dual sported)
1987 Suzuki LT250R
(Glamis chrome beast)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.