???? 06' YZ450F???

21 replies to this topic
  • crustyxxx

Posted November 01, 2004 - 07:40 AM

WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERNT IN NEXT YEARS 450? THE 05 HAD SUSPENSION CHANGES AND HAVE GONE TO THE FOUR SPEED BUT NOT MUCH ON THE OUTSIDE. ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN 06?

• John_Lorenz

Posted November 01, 2004 - 07:43 AM

WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERNT IN NEXT YEARS 450? THE 05 HAD SUSPENSION CHANGES AND HAVE GONE TO THE FOUR SPEED BUT NOT MUCH ON THE OUTSIDE. ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN 06?

HEY FOR ONE THE CAPS LOCK
Posted Image

Other then that possibly aluminum frame

• sonic

Posted November 01, 2004 - 07:51 AM

Posted Image

:cry: :cry: :cry:

• vantolr

Posted November 01, 2004 - 08:16 AM

Posted Image

:cry:

Yep, aluminum frame should reduce weight.....I cannot wait for the 2006.....

• Satch0922

Posted November 01, 2004 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image

LMAO !! or lmao :cry:

• ThumperKid250F

Posted November 01, 2004 - 01:55 PM

i sure hope the yz 450f has the alum. frame next year cuz im getting one. i hope

• revolucien

Posted November 01, 2004 - 03:34 PM

It would be sweet if they lead the way again and got the Fuel Injection rolling before any of the other japanese bikes.

• OHVrider

Posted November 01, 2004 - 03:58 PM

The YZ450F had a 4-speed in 2003, I know mine has one.

The biggest improvement on the YZ250, YZ250F, YZ450F, and KX250 in 2005 is the fork. The KX250F/RMZ250 did not get the new KYB fork.

The new frame was the 2nd biggest improvement, the 250 lost 4-5 pounds and the 125 lost 10.

Cheers,

• Matt687

Posted November 01, 2004 - 04:31 PM

From what I hear, look for a total model change, fuel injection alum. frame, also keep an eye out for softail style suspension, its in the works in many companies

• felony

Posted November 03, 2004 - 04:18 PM

the 06 yz450 probably wont get the aluminum frame,so dont get your hopes up.i hear yamaha is working on a yz 50 to get a share of the market from the Cobra minis.i also heard they are working on a 850cc 4x4 quad as well so there goes the r&d dollars.as of now this is just talk but well have to wait and see to be sure :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThrakenH04

Posted November 03, 2004 - 04:34 PM

From what I hear, look for a total model change, fuel injection alum. frame, also keep an eye out for softail style suspension, its in the works in many companies

what is the softail style suspension? I never heard of it before.

• Joe_Jet

Posted November 03, 2004 - 04:35 PM

I heard the 06' is getting the Al frame, different hubs and a color change for the whole YZ line...possibly silver with navy/orange graphics to compliment the Al frames!

Joe :cry:

• SureBlue

Posted November 03, 2004 - 05:03 PM

Hear hear hear...
I also heard the local church roof was torn down by the storm and the roof is now floating on the river so we don't need a new bridge any longer.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

• revolucien

Posted November 03, 2004 - 05:14 PM

they're gonna make it a 458cc just to piss off honda :cry:

• SureBlue

Posted November 03, 2004 - 05:20 PM

they're gonna make it a 458cc just to piss off honda :cry:

:cry: :cry:

• Ga426owner

Posted November 04, 2004 - 07:05 AM

the 06 yz450 probably wont get the aluminum frame,so dont get your hopes up.i hear yamaha is working on a yz 50 to get a share of the market from the Cobra minis.i also heard they are working on a 850cc 4x4 quad as well so there goes the r&d dollars.as of now this is just talk but well have to wait and see to be sure :cry:

If they do not add either a alum frame or a different frame altogether to reduce or lower the center of gravity for better turning - they will lose many many die hard blue owners!
I believe they will change the frame as the suspension was the priority for 05! :cry:

• John_Lorenz

Posted November 04, 2004 - 07:26 AM

I am going to give you all a clue as to what to look for in 06 bikes

Watch what Ferry, and the factory guys bring out this year.

Hint they are Factory Riders, they run what you will buy the following year.

Think About it

• Satch0922

Posted November 04, 2004 - 08:25 AM

Actually (forgive me John for appearing to argue with you! :cry:) but due to the "Production Rule" I am not sure that is accurate. For example, Reed did not win his Supercross championship on an aluminum framed YZ250.....however the 05 has an aluminum frame and Reed is now riding one.

All I can say is that by September of 2005 my 426 will be about done (that is what I am telling Momma!) and whatever Yamaha sells for an 06 is what I will buy.

-B

• John_Lorenz

Posted November 04, 2004 - 10:08 AM

No arguement

I should Qualify that

Europe :cry: Look to Europe to see what will come to America, the Last bastian of True Works Bikes.

• OHVrider

Posted November 04, 2004 - 11:00 AM

Actually KTM will be racing the SX250F or whatever they call it and all they need to do for the production rule is sell 400 of them by June 1st (I think that's the date), even though they will start racing it 6 months earlier.

Yamaha etc. can do the same, but I think the riders don't like to make changes mid season. Ty Davis is running his 04 forks on his 05 framed YZ, cause he did not have enough time to test the 05 fork.

MC raced a steel framed CR after the 97's were already on dealer floors cause he thought the new frame tired him out too much.

RC raced his previous year CR250 when the new powervavle equiped CR came out, cause he didn't like it.

So basically the Pro's will race the new stuff early if they like it, and if they don't they will not. They want time to test it and they must feel better and be faster or they will not switch.

Cheers,

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.