Pulled the trigger... my new 05 WR450F

40 replies to this topic
  • sigurd

Posted November 01, 2004 - 11:04 PM

Thanks for the info. I want that pipe for my bike. Bye the way, I love my 05 WR450. I'm in San Diego so I have lots of options where to ride it.
[image]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ab66cd19/808c/__sr_/aafe.jpg?phHOzhBBtcqXXklO[/image]

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted November 01, 2004 - 11:29 PM

congrats on your new WR450. Looks just like my 04 WR450

• YamahaSteve

Posted November 01, 2004 - 11:37 PM

hey, congrats... it looks liek the finally cut out both handle/air inlets on the side numberplates... cool. I might need to buy an 05 numberplate for my non-muffler side.

• sigurd

Posted November 02, 2004 - 12:22 AM

Flipie, is this the part number for your pipe?

W05-1610

thanks,
James

• Texas4play

Posted November 02, 2004 - 06:57 AM

Flips pipe is awesome! I just saw another awesome pipe yesterday from FMF.

FMF is releasing a new Q pipe in Titanium - looks sweet!
I think they said retail $499

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 02, 2004 - 10:03 AM

Flip, congrats on the new bike... It's sweet!!!!!!

Posted Image

The bike looks a lot slimmer that I thought it would be...

:cry:

Please post more pics.... :cry: Engine.....

• oldbones

Posted November 05, 2004 - 07:27 AM

A fellow that runs my favorite track (Starvation Ridge and Eddieville) has a big bore (570) KTM with that E2 pipe. It IS a very quiet pipe, compared to the others running at the track. And, it looks just as sweet in person as it does in the pictures.

If I had to buy another, and who know's, I just might :cry:, that'd be the one!

• madbajan

Posted November 08, 2004 - 08:28 AM

Good one flip, I recently sold my 01 426 and was considering another WR. Have an 04 in Canada but it was a pain to get working properly, hows your new 05 run compared to the 04s? Ive been beating a KTMEXC300 since the WR left but it just hasnt got the wheelie comforts the WR had or the high speed stability, kicks ass in the rough though.I'm wondering if all that emissions gear has affected the power? :cry:

• mneroni

Posted November 09, 2004 - 09:52 AM

FLIP01,

Congrats on the new Bike, I just purchased two one for me and one for my Wife. I have a question on the pipe. I called white brothers and they told me the 05 pipe is not out yet, did you get the pipe for the 04?
thanks

• Flip01

Posted November 09, 2004 - 01:56 PM

mneroni, whoever you talked to over there at WB musta just hit a fresh bowl or something. Thats actually kinda weird since they're usually right on the ball. The '03-'04 YZ/WR 450 E2 pipe bolts right up nice and clean. It's part #05-610.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • r_dawg1021

Posted November 09, 2004 - 01:59 PM

Must have been a nice fresh bowl of salad...

• Flip01

Posted November 09, 2004 - 02:05 PM

I can't really give you an acurate comparison to the '04s since this is my first Yami and my first 4 stroke. However, my buddy has an '01 or '02 (Mike if you spot this post, correct me if I'm wrong) YZ426 with the 450 cam, FMF Power Bomb and an WB R4 silencer. I've ridden it. I'm guess that my WR probably has just a bit more "snap" and torque than his YZ. He also noted that the WR is much more nimble the YZ since its more setup for the woods. He even suggest moving the bars back somehow for more stability. :cry:

For a fact I can tell you THIS THING SMOKES MY '97 CR250. :cry:

• Flip01

Posted November 09, 2004 - 02:09 PM

Must have been a nice fresh bowl of salad...

It was definately something green alright..... :cry:

• gimprvr

Posted November 09, 2004 - 02:52 PM

Hey Flip, were you able to get out on Sunday? I ended up Going out off of Trona rd and 395 then did a 60 mile loop and hit the watering hole in Randsburg. It was an Awesome day!!!

• myoung

Posted November 09, 2004 - 04:54 PM

Hey dude, what up! :cry:

Perfect username..... :cry:

I have a 2000 YZ numb nuts, you forget already. :cry:

Well, I got to ride this thing on Sunday and it sure impressed me. The head tube angle is pretty steep so it turns on a dime, even faster than my YZ. Of course the power is much more linear, but it does come on. :lol: I didn't notice any real drawbacks with the restricted E2 pipe either. It still had oodles of power to do just about anything you'd want. I did have to get used to the ergos though, my YZ just feels different and I even have all the YZ450 plastics, seat, and tank on my bike. The biggest difference was the more narrow handle bars and the loose steering on high speed straights in the sand. I think a new adjustable triple clamp or a Scott's damper would fix it right up, maybe even some wider bars. This bike is definately more set up for woods than desert, but it's still a bitchin ride for the areas we go to. :lol:

I think I'l give it a big :cry: :cry:

• Flip01

Posted November 09, 2004 - 06:21 PM

GIMP! Got 'er out to Stoddard Wells on Sunday. The WR is awesome. Check out the thread on my frame guards for a more complete write up. Where do you live?

Mike, no more numb nuts. :cry: My nuts are just fine now that I've got the WR. The 2x4 on the CR is what made em numb!

• PSDCOOL

Posted November 09, 2004 - 08:29 PM

Hey Flip, were you able to get out on Sunday? I ended up Going out off of Trona rd and 395 then did a 60 mile loop and hit the watering hole in Randsburg. It was an Awesome day!!!

That sounds like an awesome ride.. Can you give me directions on how to get there and what type of terrain I may encounter. I'm from the OC area.

Thanks..

• Flip01

Posted November 09, 2004 - 08:35 PM

15 North and exit on Outlet Center Dr. The entrance is right there on the right in the fenced off area. The exit is right before Lenwood Rd. in Barstow.

• gimprvr

Posted November 09, 2004 - 09:11 PM

I live in Fullerton. We ended up with about 10 good buddies. It was awesome!! We hit this one section where we did about 15 miles of virgin dirt, dicing through the desert shrubs that was just fun as hell. trying to figure out how I can go this weekend without sleeping on the couch for the next week!!! :cry:

• gimprvr

Posted November 09, 2004 - 09:28 PM

That sounds like an awesome ride.. Can you give me directions on how to get there and what type of terrain I may encounter. I'm from the OC area.

Thanks..

Hit the 15 north to the 395 north. Go just about 25 miles north of Kreamer Junction, hwy 58 ( you'll just pass Red Mountain), then you'll see Trona road. I went about 6.5 miles up and turned right on a little dirt road. Went about 3/4 mile down and there was a great camp spot on the right side. I met about ten buddies there that had been camping all weekend. If you are looking for a great place to ride I would recommend it but it's a long drive for a day ride. Just uder two hours from Fullerton.

The group that I go with will always welcome new riders if you'd like to join us some time. We have Expert to Old timers that go and we usually break off into two groups or just cruise in short rips then wait. My dad runs with us and he's almost 60 and My nephew runs with us and he's faster than [@#$%&*!]. All the old guys that talk about how fast they used to be chase him. it's a great time!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.