GYTR baffle insert

6 replies to this topic
  • Matt687

Posted October 31, 2004 - 03:13 PM

Hey how well does that GYTR baffle insert work, and how many of those little tube baffles are welded together on it?

• billygoat

Posted October 31, 2004 - 03:19 PM

I would buy a Quiet Products insert for the same money. It is a 1.5inch diameter tuned lenght pipe with a down spout on the end. Looks nice too. You can see it at

• Matt687

Posted October 31, 2004 - 03:23 PM

i am just going to weld up my own GYTR style one. So i need the number of little tube things it has.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TWSimpson

Posted October 31, 2004 - 03:42 PM

It has three, all different lengths. Good luck on making your own. :cry:

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted November 01, 2004 - 01:11 PM

I made one of my own and I also bought one and the two put out the same noise and power. It is much quieter than stock. My '99 reads about 90 dBA at 3400 rpm (per FIM/AMA sound test procedures) and the power is good. I'll post a drawing of the dimensions and the parts you'll need when I get home from work. It's very simple to make-don't worry about the multi-tube construction. One equivalent diameter tube will work just as well. I bought the GYT-R insert after I made one, thinking that the GYT-R one would work even better than the one I made. I was wrong. They are, for all intents and purposes, identical in their operation. It will probably cost you about 5 bucks to make if you can weld.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted November 01, 2004 - 03:02 PM

Here's a diagram of it:

Posted Image

Everything is welded. The plate is a 1/16" thick steel plate. The 1-3/4" pipe is an exhaust pipe I got at Discount Auto. (You will need to bring your end cap in to see the correct size pipe, it may be 1-7/8" diameter. It's been a while. Get whichever one fits tight into the muffler end cap.) Drill a hole in the 2" pipe so that it lines up with the bolt hole in the side of the muffler end cap and weld a 6 mm nut to the inside. This is how the insert will stay in. The rest you should be able to figure out from the drawing.

Her's a picture of it:

Posted Image

• Matt687

Posted November 01, 2004 - 04:17 PM

thanks for the info, i thought it would be three. Its not actually for a WR, its for my friends Husaberg 600 that is loud as all hell. So i am going to make him one of these babies to put in his exhaust, we have one of the pro ciruit spark arrestor sreen/quiet core insert in right now, but its not letting out enough exhaust so at idle the headers glow cherry red, so I am going to put together one of these babies and it should let more exhaust out, and hopefully silence the bike to get a more thumperish silent tone. -Matt

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.