Handlebar Help

6 replies to this topic
  • svracer

Posted October 30, 2004 - 10:14 AM

New to dirtbiking. Just destroyed my stock WR450 bar. What to do now? What is a good upgrade? ... the stock bar seems very soft. Keeping in mind I may do some motard this spring, should I get a new triple clamp that is damper capable?

Thanks!

• Treebark

Posted October 30, 2004 - 03:59 PM

That is really your best option. I bent 4 bars in a year, broke down and bought triple clamps to fit a set of FAT bars and haven't bent them yet.

Posted October 30, 2004 - 04:30 PM

Pro Taper fat bars and Pro Taper riser adapters (sp?) :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted November 01, 2004 - 07:37 AM

I got a great deal from BTOSports.com, & you get to choose the bend & color of the bars & the type (wr/yz) & color of the clamp & mounts. :cry:

• Texas4play

Posted November 01, 2004 - 08:10 AM

"I got a great deal from BTOSports.com, & you get to choose the bend & color of the bars & the type (wr/yz) & color of the clamp & mounts. "

Applied Racing ............direct has that same deal for $159.00 ...........www.appliedrace.com

• Jackazz

Posted November 01, 2004 - 11:28 AM

Applied Racing ............direct has that same deal for $159.00 ...........www.appliedrace.com

That is correct, however, you don't have any choice on the bar color or bend & the clamps only fit the '04-'05 YZ (WR forks are smaller diameter, except for the '05's, which got last year's yz forks with different valving) & there is also no choice of color or style (yz or wr with odo mounts) on the clamp, not to mention the fit & finish on the wrap clamp I got is far superior to the $159 one IMHO.

I know because I bought one of those before I found out it did'nt fit, the clamp for the yz has larger diameter holes for the fork tubes, it would clamp down on the forks, but probably not tight enough to keep them from rotating during a crash.

• ncmountainman

Posted November 01, 2004 - 02:11 PM

the 03 yz 450 clamps are what to use on the o4 wr 450,with some minor bracket mods everything will fit,i've done it :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.