YZ426f-How to turn it into a Beast. Post here.

13 replies to this topic

Posted October 30, 2004 - 08:55 AM

I was wondering how to turn my stock kitten into a beast. List of Mods and what not. Trying to get "The Beast feeling". I think mine is not tuned/jetted correctly Either.

• brucifer

Posted October 30, 2004 - 09:12 AM

It would be cheaper to buy a 650 :cry:
Raise the compression +13/1 and go to a 100mm piston
Port the Head
Get the Bigest cams and dial them in !!
Open the exhaust.
Hang on

• cowboyona426

Posted October 30, 2004 - 10:50 AM

Twist the right grip toward the back fender.

• Matt96xr6

Posted October 30, 2004 - 12:34 PM

turn on the gas

Posted October 30, 2004 - 03:02 PM

lol all these smart ass answers. I mean how do you improve on the beast.

• brucifer

Posted October 30, 2004 - 04:10 PM

I was not tring to be smarta$$. If you think your 426 is a kitten you must be an expert rider and should know how to improve it, or it is in dire need of rebuilding. :cry: What is it's cranking pressure? over 175psi?

• dkipz

Posted October 30, 2004 - 09:15 PM

707 - local area code? If so, I'm a fellow local 426 rider (Napa). What you do to the bike depends on what you ride it on (track, trail etc.). Give some more info and we can point you in a direction...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted October 30, 2004 - 09:20 PM

Sure is. I do track and trail. It is like exactly 50/50. I want to set the bike up for MX though. So incase I want to screw around on some jumps and stuff I can do that. I just want more power.

• WR426madness

Posted October 31, 2004 - 07:28 AM

I agree with brucifer, I have yet to be beat on the hole shot out of the gate and I don't mean just barely I'm talking 4-6 bike lengths to the first turn in a 300-400 ft start. You may have some thing holding back your bike, post a list of your jetting, altitude, pipe, & gearing. :cry:

• John_Lorenz

Posted October 31, 2004 - 12:51 PM

Sure is. I do track and trail. It is like exactly 50/50. I want to set the bike up for MX though. So incase I want to screw around on some jumps and stuff I can do that. I just want more power.

I think it was one of the wise ol smart :moon:'s who said
Twist thr grip to the rear fender

:cry: More Power :cry:

Get it ported, contact John Hlebo in the Bay Area

• berudd

Posted November 01, 2004 - 01:04 PM

Honestly, I am not about to me a smart ass here but this statement concerns me

"I think mine is not tuned/jetted correctly Either"

My concern that is if this is as much as you know about your current jetting, I would be leary of trying to mod the bike. You may infact find alot more speed by simply twisting harder. I recently began to think I was not opening the throttle like I thought I was. So, I I came out of a turn to a long straight and opened it up to where as I always do. Then I tried to twist a bit more. Guess what. The damn thing took off again. Due to poor form and to much slack in the cable, I was not opening it up all the way. I took out some the slack and the took Semics advise and started over gripping a bit. Keeps my elbows up and ensures that I can twist all the way without having to be double jointed to get there. It has made a BIG difference in my bike horsepower.

• SureBlue

Posted November 01, 2004 - 02:30 PM

Agree, Berudd. One has to be a real good rider wanting to turn the beast into more beast. The concern is not the power, but weight and handling.

Posted November 01, 2004 - 03:47 PM

What about NOS? :cry:

Posted November 01, 2004 - 07:25 PM

I think you are right about the twist. Thanks. I am gonna buy a JD jetting kit.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.