2005 WR vs. 2004 KTM EXC -- Same price (Which one would you buy)

9 replies to this topic
  • MO_XR400

Posted October 30, 2004 - 05:47 AM

Looking to upgrade from my 2003 XR400. I've done a lot of research and have narrowed down my search to these two bikes. However, I never thought I would be able to justify or afford the KTM.

My local Yamaha dealer has quoted me a price of $6100 OTD for a 2005 WR450.

The local KTM dealer has a left over 2004 KTM 450 EXC for the same price.

I thought I would run this past the TT crowd to see what you would do in a similiar sitiuation.

BTW...I ride 98% trails with a little MX thrown in.

Thanks!!! :cry:

• northcrf

Posted October 30, 2004 - 06:17 AM

If I could get a KTM for the same price as a WR I'd do it in an instant.
Up here the KTM is $2000+ higher in price than the WR,and it's not easy to find one either!!!
The KTM 450EXC is over $10000 :cry: ,which is way too much money for me!!

Posted October 30, 2004 - 10:15 AM

if you like wrenching get the ktm if you like riding get the wr.

• EM_rider

Posted October 30, 2004 - 11:04 AM

if you like wrenching get the ktm if you like riding get the wr.

Very insightful, thanks........

• alfie

Posted October 30, 2004 - 11:10 AM

GO for the WR and you will definatly sleep better, and since i got rid of my KTM i do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maddog542

Posted October 30, 2004 - 01:30 PM

I sure don't want to detract from KTM's and I have never owned one either. I can say though that the WR is a pleasure to own and ride, and it seems like they just keep on going with very little maintenance other than oil changes. Lots to be said for reliability.

• Seabass

Posted October 30, 2004 - 04:39 PM

I was asking myself the same question until a guy in my club pulled up on a brand new 525 EXC last weekend. His buddy had a brand new EXC 300 and they were both raving about their bikes. Well an hour later BOTH guys are putting nuts and bolts back on their bikes cuz stuff was falling off. That's the same reason I sold my 2001 250SX after a year- way too much maintenance. I just picked up a new WR today

• BEAN329

Posted October 30, 2004 - 07:33 PM

AAAAHHHHH, Christmas in October aint it great. :cry:

• poodledumpster

Posted October 31, 2004 - 08:49 PM

several of my riding buddies have these orange bikes: 450, 520,525. while very sexy and well crafted austrian machines. all this wrenching and adjusting is cutting in to my riding time. go blue or meet me on the trail after you've resolved your issue. vincent

• Texas4play

Posted November 01, 2004 - 09:15 AM

Did you get the WR450 yet???

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.