how many disks is everyone running in their WB E series

4 replies to this topic
  • dwby2kwr

Posted July 08, 2001 - 06:30 PM

I just put the White Brothers E-series S-bend pipe with the tapered head pipe on my bike and was wondering how many disks everyone else is running. I put all 12 on for now. But I noticed some guys with YZ's that were running 7 or 8 the other day. I am looking to help the low end and make the bike smooth as possible from low to high. Any info would be great.

Thanks

------------------
y2k wr, airbox lid and baffle removed, 180 main, 48 pilot, 426yz er needle,
wr timing

• BULLDOG

Posted July 08, 2001 - 08:45 PM

I started with 12 then tweaked and tuned mine down to 7. Its much quieter and I get the low end punch I need. Just remember, you will sacrafice something either way you go. You just have to chose your battles.

BTW, I cut my gray wire and gained back some top end I lost when I went from 12 to 7.

good luck.

------------------
It's your world, I just play in it!

2000 WR400, WB E-Series w/7 discs, stock header, Thumper bar risers, GUTS Racing seat, Cut Grey Wire, WR timing, ABC's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted July 09, 2001 - 01:32 AM

I run 12 and the tapered header. I have also, just recently, changed the bike to YZ timing and the EKP needle.

I do have to say the power delivery is not as linear/smooth but, I sure do like the way it BARKS :) BRAAAP :D

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• Pete_Z

Posted July 09, 2001 - 03:56 AM

2000 WR 400 with 8 discs,seems to work well. P.Z.

• gempler

Posted July 15, 2001 - 11:21 AM

I run 6-7 disks in my 99WR400

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.