Mounted Speedo

3 replies to this topic
  • resslera

Posted October 29, 2004 - 03:27 PM

I just purchased the small japanese analog speedo from Baja Designs. The unit is tiny and replaces the stock trip meter using the existing cable. It took about 20 min to install and looks great! I'll have to test accuracy with my GPS.

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted October 30, 2004 - 06:17 AM

I just recently bought the same for my L since my stock speedo got busted up from crashing offroad :cry: It works and looks great but cant seem to figure out how to hook up the two wires to get it to light up? I am not an electritian so if anyone knows how I could wire this up let me know. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • resslera

Posted October 30, 2004 - 09:08 AM

I didn't hook up the wires yet on my 650R mainly because I don't ride at night. One thing I can tell you is that you need to hook the red wire to a positive source. I'm assuming you had to have some sort of wiring going into your stock speedo.

Get a volt meter and with the bike on, find a wire putting off around 12 volts. That is your positive wire that goes to red. The black wire can be mounted to any ground wire or straight to the chassis.

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted October 30, 2004 - 10:34 AM

It has the wires for the little light bulbs from the stock one I guess i could use one of them. :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.