Hot start assly from 03-04 model to wr 426 2002 ?

2 replies to this topic
  • Sylvain

Posted October 29, 2004 - 02:24 PM

Do any of you know if it's possible to retrofit a clutch lever assly with hot start lever from a 2003-04-05 wr 450 to a 2002 wr 426 ? I like the clean look of the newer set up and would like to replace the red knob under my tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • av8shunmeckaneck

Posted October 29, 2004 - 05:59 PM

I think you would have to use the carburator too. not just the handle bar perch.

• DesertChris

Posted October 29, 2004 - 06:24 PM

The hot start plunger in the carb on the 03-04 models in in a different location than on the 02. It would also mount in the location that the compression release is, would be a problem if you still require it. The Dr. D setup seems like a good choice and is the setup I am leaning towards when I get a desert YZ tank for mine WR. It is also available through the TT store Link

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.