uncorking the 2005 wr450

5 replies to this topic
  • dirtymike

Posted October 29, 2004 - 12:43 PM

I took that ridiculous noodle off of the end of my pipe. Should I adjust my jetting to compensate for the release of back pressure in the exaust?

• chipwich

Posted October 29, 2004 - 01:03 PM

it depends on whether yamaha jetted it for being plugged or unplugged. how does it run? the '05 is so new that we are still gathering data.

what is the stock jetting, btw? it will be listed in your owner's manual. thanks

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 29, 2004 - 01:25 PM

Yes rejet and get yourself the JD jetting kit first from the TT store. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtymike

Posted October 29, 2004 - 02:23 PM

I have not run it without the nozzle yet...I am thinking I will put it back on and leave it in until somebody else figures out what the right setup is.

• BrianVivian

Posted October 29, 2004 - 02:45 PM

I took that ridiculous noodle off of the end of my pipe. Should I adjust my jetting to compensate for the release of back pressure in the exaust?

I took my 'noodle' out, cut the throttle stop and did the gray wire mod. Runs perfect.

I'm at 1100 feet if that matters.

• luke_n

Posted October 30, 2004 - 03:15 PM

Guess what everybody's waiting for you to tell us what the best setup is. Make it easier for yourself and grab a JD jet kit and follow the instructions for a base line. Unless it is really cold where you are you will find you can go a bit leaner.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.