yz450 piston problems

4 replies to this topic
  • JSC_YZ

Posted October 29, 2004 - 10:01 AM

I have worn out my piston and rings on my 04 yz450 in about 75 hours. Is this normal?
What kind of piston should I get/ brand/ high compression/ coated ect..?

• YZDAD1

Posted October 30, 2004 - 06:42 AM

Well, the one you want to replace lasted 75 hours without failure..................

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FFRacing79

Posted October 30, 2004 - 08:12 AM

75 hours...wow...I wouldn't complain! As far as a replacement, I would suggest either the Wiseco or J&E Hi Comps.

• xeslaro

Posted October 30, 2004 - 02:50 PM

Just curious... How did you know they were worn out?
75 Hours.. How did you measure this? When I had my DRZ i didnt have an hour meter and estimated my engines running time. When i got my YZF I bought a moto-minder hour meter and soon realised that i had been over-estimating my running time by at least double...

• JSC_YZ

Posted November 01, 2004 - 09:57 AM

I carry a Garmin GPS that tells me my moving time, speeds, ect... I realised that a days worth of riding usually consists of about 3 to 4 hours, not 5-6 like I used to think.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.