STREET LEGAL PIG

3 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted October 28, 2004 - 05:36 PM

:cry: I AM LOOKING TO STREET LEGAL MY 2001 XR650R, THE E-LINE KIT IS ORDERED, THE CONSENSUS I HAVE HEARD IS IT CAN'T BE DONE AT ALL IN CA., THE LOOPHOLE W/ DMV REG. IT AS A SPECIALTY IS NOT DOABLE DUE TO VIN #'S ON THE BIKE :cry: ARIZONA YOU NEED A PO BOX OR ADDRESS?DO YOU NEED AN INSPECTION PRIOR TO DMV IN AZ HIGHWAY PATROL? IS A SPEEDO REQUIRED IN AZ? PLEASE HELP SO I CAN WHEELIE DOWN NEWPORT BLVD LEGALLY.RIDE RED. :cry:

• JackAttack

Posted October 28, 2004 - 05:44 PM

There is no inspection in AZ.

Quote from AZ DMV lady, "We are not responsible for checking your bike. You are responsible for having the proper equipment if you get stopped."

Speedo is not req.'d.

:cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • litebike

Posted October 28, 2004 - 07:51 PM

The AZ DMV told me the same thing. They barely even looked at my bike, and I didn't even have to start it! They only looked at the VIN #, and to see that it had head and tail lights. They didn't even care if they worked! Here we can have only one mirror, and we don't need blinkers, battery or high beam headlight. You do need a brake light. And like they said...when you get pulled over is when you'll need to prove the beast is street legal(to the cop). Good luck......

• hill5150

Posted October 28, 2004 - 07:57 PM

Sounds good :cry: so do you need to show an AZ address? Will you get the plate mailed to a Ca. address with a forward from an AZ po box.Thanks.?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.