best pipe?

6 replies to this topic
  • 99raptor

Posted October 28, 2004 - 05:33 PM

have a 2004 yz450f and do desert. time to upgrade the exhaust. what is the best aftermarket pipe?oh yes i must use a spark arrester.i know this was probobly covered but i couldn't locate the post. :cry: :cry:

• Satch0922

Posted October 28, 2004 - 06:29 PM

Not sure there is a "best". It all depends on what your looking for...low end or I assume you want top end for desert? Let us know what you want and I can assure you someone has the correct recommendation for you.

I always say the "best" pipe is a free one.......

Posted October 28, 2004 - 08:10 PM

A Jemco would work nice but it doesnt have a spark arrestor

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twosixtwo

Posted October 28, 2004 - 09:12 PM

I know its comparing apples to oranges, but I have an 02 Raptor and put a White bros E-series pipe and it made a huge difference.....Whats the nearest desert to you. :cry:

• 99raptor

Posted October 29, 2004 - 07:18 AM

sorry for not being more specific but a pipe with mid-range is most desireable to me.have raptor too[hence my call signature] with a full yoshi on it and it is nearest riding desert is 3miles out my door.terrain is similar to califoria hi-desert areas[some vegetation]. giant arroyo's and washouts ,deep sand, very few dunes :cry: :cry:

• noslo98

Posted October 29, 2004 - 09:10 AM

I run Jardine it has a spark arrestor and does awesome in the sand. I go to Sand mountain about once a month.

• 01yz426

Posted October 31, 2004 - 11:10 PM

I would go with an FMF Titanium series setup..... Good overall power and well worth the price..

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.