sand tire info please!

6 replies to this topic
  • snaggletooth

Posted October 28, 2004 - 02:24 PM

I'm going to glamis in a couple of weeks please help me with tire selection. I might see the dunes 1-2 or maybe 3 times a year if I like it. I want my first time to be on a paddle tire but I don't want to spend a lot of money in case it's not for me. Is a cheap paddle a bad idea all together or will it get me by just to see if I like it?

I have a dunlop D606F DOT front tire. Should I change back to the MX front tire or will there be no difference? I hate the dual sport DOT front tire but needed it a long time ago to get the street license. I'm just waiting for it to wear out so I can get back to the MX front tire. I wish that Dunlop would handle the dirt as well as it handles the wear from the street. It will make a decent spare if I should change it for the sand.

Thanks S/T.

• JackAttack

Posted October 28, 2004 - 02:34 PM

Buy a Cheng Shin paddle. They are cheap and last a long time. Front tire choice does not matter at the dunes.

:cry:

• BWB63

Posted October 28, 2004 - 03:41 PM

There are two basic paddles that most 8 paddle 530 and the 560 10 paddle. The 10 paddle you will need a 13 tooth counter shaft sprocket and a 45 tooth rear sprocket to make it fit with a stock chain.....It is a massive tire you will have just as much fun with an 8 paddle maybe more....just don't keep it at the rev limiter...that's easy with the 8 paddle.
Cheng Chin 10 Paddle on the BRP Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldoutdoorsman

Posted October 28, 2004 - 03:49 PM

I wanna desert ride! Any Deserts on East cost? Maybe Snow hills? :cry: Just Kidding. I am jelous b/c it does look like fun!

OOM

• Kritter

Posted October 28, 2004 - 06:29 PM

I just put on the ching ching 8 paddle...leaving to glamis in the mornign.

Tire cost me $40.

110/100/18 was the size.

I run a skat trak 8 paddle on my 450...

• snaggletooth

Posted October 28, 2004 - 07:00 PM

8-cup Ching Ching it is! Thanks for the info, S/T.

• Kritter

Posted October 31, 2004 - 04:05 PM

8 paddle ching ching kicked ass all weekend...even with my ol lady on the back.

Broke a Baja Designs passenger peg though from moving through the dunes a bit too fast!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.