Installation question for Rekluse users

4 replies to this topic
  • stevie

Posted October 28, 2004 - 01:56 PM

Just purchased the Rekluse auto clutch and going to install it shortly, though when I was checking the parts in the box with those on the list I have found that I am missing the 'Rekluse 3/8 throw out spacer ball'. I have only 30 3/8 balls.

Does this mean I am to use the stock throw ball? or am I to get the proper one?

Help please guys cos this is the only thing holding me up!

Thanks

• 426mankiller

Posted October 28, 2004 - 04:56 PM

:thumbsup:I just installed mine last week in my 01 426 and used the stock ball, my package didn't have a new one. I also had extra spacer washers. Good Luck!! I have been more than impressed with mine and I am heading out this weekend for the official test ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vanisland

Posted October 28, 2004 - 07:22 PM

I just installed my rekluse clutch about 3 weeks ago and from the instructions I believe that the stock throw out spacer ball is to be left in, and is not included with the kit. You might want to review the list of included parts I don't think it's there. In the Installation guide there is a note at end of step 5.
"NOTE: Make sure the stock throw-out ball spacer remains in the transmission output shaft".

I read over the instructions a few times before doing the install and had no problems.
I've gone for a couple of rides on it now and have been very pleased with the way it's been working, I'm sure you will be too.

• tool

Posted October 29, 2004 - 12:15 AM

i have an 00 and there is no "ball spacer". :cry: i think its 01 and up.

• stevie

Posted October 30, 2004 - 05:36 AM

For your information.....

I asked the guys ar rekluse was I supposed to use the stock the stock throw out ball (its a little smaller than the one thats supposed to be in the kit) and they said

"No, do not use the stock spacer ball, call us immediatley so we can have the proper one sent out to you"

So I am waiting for it. I am almost 100% sure thats its identical to the 30 3/8 balls that come in the kit.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.