05 XR650L

25 replies to this topic
  • socalxr650

Posted October 28, 2004 - 09:35 AM

I bit the bullet last night.

I had been pooring over the trader looking for my perfect used bike, I did not want a monthly payment.

Last night i went by the local shop and was looking at the new 05 650L that just arrived.

An hour later I was riding home on the damn thing. needless to say I am stoked, and can not wait till the weekend to ride more.

Just thought I would share my excitement with folks who understand it.

• CRUDE_DUDE

Posted October 28, 2004 - 11:13 AM

Well understood here...congrats! :cry:

• cheff

Posted October 28, 2004 - 11:33 AM

What a great feeling that is... I got my '04 this March and can still remember the day I rode it off the lot. Ahhh memories :cry:

• austins35

Posted October 28, 2004 - 11:42 AM

:cry:

• FREESPOOL

Posted October 28, 2004 - 06:33 PM

Hey austins35, I am still waiting to drop the hammer on a new bike-KLR650 or Honda I know ride RED what do you have to say about comparing the bikes? thankyou for any input :cry:

• NukBoy

Posted October 29, 2004 - 04:42 AM

If you are interested in a smaller Bike but same or better power go look at the new DRZ650. I was inpressed.

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted October 29, 2004 - 08:46 AM

Awsome Congratulations man!! :cry: :thumbsup:I remember when I bought my '01 used back in june '03 and It was an awsome feeling getting to ride the beast. :cry: It only had around 1800 miles on it when I bought now it has almost 5k offroad and road miles on it. I love this bike.

• Dual_Dog

Posted October 29, 2004 - 11:45 AM

An hour later I was riding home on the damn thing. needless to say I am stoked, and can not wait till the weekend to ride more.

Just thought I would share my excitement with folks who understand it.

Welcome to the AAV (All-terrain Assault Vehicle) club. Do the requisite mods and you'll be even more stoked.

Ah, yes. I remember when I got my first Thumper back in '82, uh, did I say 1982???

• MotoChris521

Posted November 01, 2004 - 06:15 AM

Awsome Congratulations man!! :cry: :thumbsup:I remember when I bought my '01 used back in june '03 and It was an awsome feeling getting to ride the beast. :cry: It only had around 1800 miles on it when I bought now it has almost 5k offroad and road miles on it. I love this bike.

Don't ever try a DRZ,you might change your mind. :cry:

• oldoutdoorsman

Posted November 01, 2004 - 07:07 AM

Motochris521, you're absolutely right. I liked the DRZ then I made the mistake of riding one, it certainly changed my mind!

Don't knock a man's excitement of their new bike because of you're own dissatisfaction with you're new DRZ.

Get over it

oom :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650Lroostnya

Posted November 01, 2004 - 08:13 AM

lol :cry:

• socalxr650

Posted November 01, 2004 - 01:40 PM

I spent all afternoon on the bike Saturday. I put way more miles on it than I had expected, and had a blast!

It is a huge difference riding in dirt for all of your life and now suddenly you look and there are cars around you. What a rush.

Can't wait till next weekend!

• austins35

Posted November 01, 2004 - 05:59 PM

i've owned both bikes and beat the snot out of both with no problems.
The KLR as you have prob. (in my opinion) read here is really more of a road cruiser. even on fire roads here in the ocala national forest the KLR is a beast to handle. she runs like she hates the world. :cry: KLR's really are better suited for commuting, amnd long range road travel. i road mine many mnay times 3-400 plus days.
the XR like the KLR is a torgue monster. the XR is more dirt worthy. by far the most fun stoplight to stoplight bike i've ever owned. :cry:

i'd get whatever you find first in your price range.

just buy something an ride. :cry:

• MotoChris521

Posted November 02, 2004 - 05:22 AM

Motochris521, you're absolutely right. I liked the DRZ then I made the mistake of riding one, it certainly changed my mind!

Don't knock a man's excitement of their new bike because of you're own dissatisfaction with you're new DRZ.

Get over it

oom :cry:

Dissatifaction ? I've had three XRL's(new'94-used'94-new'03)with tons of mods.Im glad he loves his new bike.I felt that way with each of the L's i had.What didn't you like about the DRZ ? That you can actually turn the thing in the dirt? That it feels/handles like it weighs 50 lbs.less? :cry:

• oldoutdoorsman

Posted November 02, 2004 - 01:35 PM

I was making a point that this wasn't your lime-lite if you want to talk about your new bike start your own post and we'll all come congratulate you...we won't knock what you just spent you hard earned money purchasing.

OOM

• Rob_Stoesser

Posted November 03, 2004 - 09:37 AM

I picked up my '05 XR650L two weeks ago. Considered the "usual suspects" but the Honda seemed to be the best fit for taller riders. Great torque. Adding supermoto wheels to better handle Boston city streets. Getting a lot of great info from this site!

• austins35

Posted November 04, 2004 - 05:00 AM

Congratulations :cry:

• thumper447

Posted November 10, 2004 - 10:06 PM

How 'bout that gas milege? You must of graduated from the School of Rock and majored in stick-it-to-the-man b/c uncle sam hates us and our efficent machines!! :cry:

• thumper245

Posted November 11, 2004 - 08:49 PM

[QUOTE]
How 'bout that gas milege? You must of graduated from the School of Rock and majored in stick-it-to-the-man b/c uncle sam hates us and our efficent machines!! :cry: [/quoteI love the 40 miles to a galen, I only wish that my mustang got the same :cry:

• thumper245

Posted November 11, 2004 - 08:50 PM

[QUOTE]
How 'bout that gas milege? You must of graduated from the School of Rock and majored in stick-it-to-the-man b/c uncle sam hates us and our efficent machines!! :cry: [/quote
I love the 40 miles to a galen, I only wish that my mustang got the same :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.