Skid Plate

6 replies to this topic
  • big t

Posted October 28, 2004 - 03:38 AM

What's the best skid plate for the 650r?

• TimBrp

Posted October 28, 2004 - 03:43 AM

Moose baja plate. I was gonna get the SRC but the coverage was minimal compared to the moose edition. You won't be dissapointed. It's the one with all the holes in the side. Strong too!

• mikekay

Posted October 28, 2004 - 10:44 AM

i like the SRC but for sure its minimal. Utah Sportcycles are a good plae to look--they make most of the aftermarket plates...Pro Armour have a very beefy one.

the Touratech unit is the beefiest i have seen but hard to get and expensive.

all the plates are inadequate IMHO. The water pump and especially the hose is very vulnerable in a crash or just close encouter with a sharp branch...i have seen some guys bolt thick plastic (like part of an old handguard) as an extension to protect the top of the water pump and the hose...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • malevolent73

Posted October 28, 2004 - 06:04 PM

Baja Designs, and Billet Racing Products make a good one , same as the moose, holes on the side... I have BRP, cost $75. Nice and Beefy, takes a lickin and keeps on ticken!!! :cry: :cry:

• big t

Posted October 28, 2004 - 07:41 PM

Thanks guys. :cry:

• litebike

Posted October 28, 2004 - 07:55 PM

I have a brand new Baja Designs plate, if you're interested you can have it for $50.

• big t

Posted October 28, 2004 - 08:33 PM

Sent you a PM.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  40 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.