05 wr450f throttle stop?

6 replies to this topic
  • dennisr

Posted October 27, 2004 - 06:25 PM

hey, just found out about this great site!!! could someone tell me how short to cut the throttle stop screw? and what can i do with the stock exhaust, can i take out that inner sleeve at the end of the tail pipe? i just purchased this 05 wr450f a few days ago, thanks for the help :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 27, 2004 - 07:09 PM

I think 22mm length is what you want cut 11mm off of the stop bolt. Uncork the pipe is best but it is loud and you may have to buy an aftermarket baja or gyt-r performance cork that is not so loud. :cry:

• BrianVivian

Posted October 28, 2004 - 06:26 AM

could someone tell me how short to cut the throttle stop screw?

www.thumperfaq.com has all the details you need to cut the throttle stop. I went to the dealer and measured a YZ stop, and cut mine to that length. The dimensions in the FAQ are correct for a 2005 WR450.

and what can i do with the stock exhaust, can i take out that inner sleeve at the end of the tail pipe?

I just took out the sleeve from the pipe. Yeah, it's louder than stock, but not annoying. There's still a ton of stuff inside that muffler!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 28, 2004 - 11:04 AM

The dimensions dont jive on Thumperfaq for some reason? :cry:
What you want is the slide to open the full length of the carb opening and no higher. That way you got it perfect. :cry:

• RichBaker

Posted October 28, 2004 - 12:07 PM

I think 22mm length is what you want cut 11mm off of the stop bolt. Uncork the pipe is best but it is loud and you may have to buy an aftermarket baja or gyt-r performance cork that is not so loud. :cry:

Quiet Products makes a great insert....doesn't cost power and is as quiet as the GYT-R or PMB inserts. Same price.... :cry:

• GlennIrwinwr450

Posted August 19, 2006 - 10:01 AM

hey man i was told that its 10mm difference but the dealer just gave me a replacement one so you should go to the dealer you bought it from and ask for one

• jeffm

Posted August 19, 2006 - 05:04 PM

I have one of these promotobillet inserts if your interested pm me and I'll work you out a good deal

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.